PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass+ question

DNS
11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I know you have to use your first three FP+ reservations, but after that, instead of using a kiosk, can I use the My Disney app on my phone to make the next one? I am not sure how this works.

Polynesian Dweller
11-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Nope, got to go to the kiosk.

DNS
11-05-2015, 04:54 PM
:(

Thanks

BrerGnat
11-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Another major flaw in the system.

joonyer
11-05-2015, 09:57 PM
We may consider this limitation to be a flaw in the system, but it is well apparent that this limitation is an intentional plan by Disney. They could have easily changed this if they wanted to.

BrerGnat
11-05-2015, 10:57 PM
We may consider this limitation to be a flaw in the system, but it is well apparent that this limitation is an intentional plan by Disney. They could have easily changed this if they wanted to.

Oh, totally. But sometimes I really do question the brains (or lack thereof) behind the operation. It has to be that the systems are not connected somehow. Or something.

Dulcee
11-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Oh, totally. But sometimes I really do question the brains (or lack thereof) behind the operation. It has to be that the systems are not connected somehow. Or something.

Honestly, my guess has always been that it limits the number of additional fast passes used. If it was from your phone everyone would get additional. Going to the kiosks immediatly weeds out people who think its too much of a bother, thus increasing the ratio of fast passess:guests left later in the day.

BrerGnat
11-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Yes but if you can only make one additional FP+ reservation at a time after your initial three, I don't think there would be many people that do it and then no show at the ride.

Speedy1998
11-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Similar to what others have said my gut feeling is that it is like this by design. I have no doubt that if you were allowed to book your fourth fastpass from the mobile app, there would be people trying to book fastpass #4 while riding the attraction fastpass #3 was for.

Of course it would give a new thread on Intercot "Is it rude to book your fourth fastpass while riding an attraction"

BrerGnat
11-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Similar to what others have said my gut feeling is that it is like this by design. I have no doubt that if you were allowed to book your fourth fastpass from the mobile app, there would be people trying to book fastpass #4 while riding the attraction fastpass #3 was for.

Of course it would give a new thread on Intercot "Is it rude to book your fourth fastpass while riding an attraction"

Why would this matter? Once you get on a ride that you hold a FP for, technically, you are eligible to get another. It's not as if the FP return time will be within minutes...you will still have to choose from an available time later.

ThanxForNoticin
11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
I expect it's related to the fact that not everyone uses smart phones and has the mobile app. Maybe it's viewed as a bit more "fair" to use the kiosks in this case. There are still a lot of people who don't use the app!

Speedy1998
11-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Why would this matter? Once you get on a ride that you hold a FP for, technically, you are eligible to get another. It's not as if the FP return time will be within minutes...you will still have to choose from an available time later.

From Disney's POV or the guest. From Disney's POV someone trying to book a FP+ on an attraction could pose a safety hazard. (losing the phone on one of the roller coasters, or tripping and falling because they are playing with their phone rather than paying attention to the moving side walk for an omnimover attraction).

From the guest POV it can be annoying to have the person in front of you playing with their cell phone, especially in a dark ride.

BrerGnat
11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
From Disney's POV or the guest. From Disney's POV someone trying to book a FP+ on an attraction could pose a safety hazard. (losing the phone on one of the roller coasters, or tripping and falling because they are playing with their phone rather than paying attention to the moving side walk for an omnimover attraction).

From the guest POV it can be annoying to have the person in front of you playing with their cell phone, especially in a dark ride.

I think that's looking too far into it. I mean, Disney can't (nor should they) control how and when guests use their phones on rides, other than to request no flash photography or bright lights.

joonyer
11-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Well, it's one thing to be using your phone on "It's a Small World" and a completely different thing to be using a phone on something like Space Mountain, BTMRR, or even the Astro Orbiter.

FLKatie912
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
I'm sure it has to do with system communication. Disney wouldn't pay people to man the FP+ Kiosks if they didn't have too. :blush:

BrerGnat
11-09-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm sure it has to do with system communication. Disney wouldn't pay people to man the FP+ Kiosks if they didn't have too. :blush:

LOL. Good point.

MNNHFLTX
11-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Ugh. This all gives me a royal headache.

LVT
11-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Were these engineers the group that was let go? I mean the team that finished a project, only to have it outsourced?

Tearin_it_up
11-14-2015, 06:23 PM
I'm surprised the Kiosks aren't at the back of all the gift shops