PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

JoDisney
11-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Riverside royal room pool view OR AKL standard view? Please don't suggest savanna view, as that is not an option for these guests. They know savanna option is better, but savanna comments do not help in this situation. This trip is for week of December 13, 2015. Both resorts require the use of bus system, as you all know.

Ms. Mode
11-02-2015, 11:35 AM
I would go for AKL any day; even without the savannah view you can look out on all of the savannah's from various spots inside the lodge. It's truly a beautiful resort.

MNNHFLTX
11-02-2015, 12:39 PM
AKL standard room, for sure. As mentioned by Ms. Mode, there are so many opportunities to view the animals, and the lobby itself is awe-inspiring.

Personally, I think a pool view or river view room at Riverside would be a waste to pay extra for. Since rooms overlook the external walkways, the only way to see the view would be to keep your curtains open, which would allow those walking by to view you. It's really not the same as having a private balcony to enjoy the view.

CleveSJM
11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Another AKL standard here. Only thing that might change my mind is if those guests were big time Disney Springs people. The boat ride convenience to DS is nice from Riverside.

BrerGnat
11-02-2015, 04:34 PM
I actually would choose POR. AKL is too remote for me. Disney Springs is shaping up to be quite amazing and I would appreciate the proximity for additional dining, shopping, and entertainment options. In addition, I think the grounds of POR are far nicer and there are more recreational activities at POR as well.

forever a child
11-02-2015, 04:48 PM
It depends on what they would like to do. They could take the boat to Disney Springs at POR. Also, POR is one of only two resorts where you could take a horse drawn carriage ride. If they would be more into seeing the animals, or by the firepit by the pool eating smores and spending more time in AK then AKL would be the one. I loved both and would love to stay at either resort again. If it is for DEC then the only thing that might make AKL the best choice is that they have a beautiful tree in the lobby and will have photopass photographers taking photos there so it will probably feel more "christmasy" of the two.

snowflakegirl
11-02-2015, 10:53 PM
For us, we would go with standard view at AKL. We absolutely love the theming of the Lodge, the smells, the restaurants, the animal overlooks.

Mitzie
11-03-2015, 11:09 AM
This is a hard one. We have stayed at both resorts several times. I can't speak for the royal room as we have only stayed in the AB section. Resort side by side. AK would have the larger main pool with the two hot tubs right there. AK would have a sit down restaurant that serves breakfast as well as a signature spot in Jiko. POR would have the larger food court with a few more options there. Walking at POR can be extensive. At POR the boat ride to DS is very convenient. Room size at AK is slightly larger I would think. Toiletry items at AK should be better. If the weather is rainy it is nice at AK that you have interior hallways whereas at POR you have to get out into the rain to get to the main building to eat or to re-fill your mug ect.. If they are a car parking would most likely be closer at POR. Both resorts will be decorated for the holidays but that huge tree at AK is beautiful. Gift shop at AK is one of the best on property I think. Hmmm I know I am not much help but those are some of our thoughts.

RedSoxFan
11-08-2015, 06:50 AM
I would personally pick AKL over POR. AKL is just amazing and DH's favorite resort. I can't say a bad thing about it and that includes the busses. A little longer ride to the parks; but so worth it to stay there.

KarenP
11-08-2015, 04:29 PM
I would absolutely choose AKL. The resort theming is wonderful and it is decorated beautifully during the holidays. The rooms would be a bit larger and have a private balcony. There are lots of spots to view the animals. AKL also has a nicer pool and better dining options.

tjstrike
11-10-2015, 11:39 PM
I would go with AKL. There are several standard view rooms that end up being savanna view because of the animal corrals below them. We had one in May. Did NOT care for POR the one time we stayed there before becoming DVC members.