PDA

View Full Version : Week of Memorial Day 2016?

Dream'nDisney
10-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Do you think crowds would be better arriving on Memorial Day (May 30) for a week, or arrive the following weekend (Saturday June 4 for a week)?

Dream'nDisney
10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Sorry - I meant for this to be under "vacation planning." Please move it for me. Thank you.

Davy Crockett
10-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Dream'n,
We have been arriving the Friday before Memorial day for a number of years and that weekend will be more crowded (8 to 9 out of 10 crowd level) but from Memorial day through the rest of the week the crowds historically drop back down to 6 or 7 out of 10 as the majority of schools are still in session. Once the first full week of June starts there are a lot of schools out for the summer and the crowd levels increase, but still not as much as toward the end of June or the first of July.

Hope that helps!

joonyer
10-28-2015, 01:08 PM
:ditto: I agree with Davy. We have been at that time of year several times (our schools finish right before labor day) and that has been our experience as well. After Monday (holiday) crowds are more manageable. But it is the beginning of the summer season, so they won't be light. Still the parks are open later, so you can still manage to do everything you want (use FP).

Goofy4TheWorld
10-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Last year my trip straddled Memorial Day Monday, 5 days before and 5 days after. Those 5 days prior to and including Memorial Day were so crowded that at times I was afraid for my life. The crowds didn't make attractions miserable, but the front of the parks on the way in and out was terrible, and at times you simply could not move on your own, it was all up to the masses. Think about it this way, since 1971 Magic Kingdom has grown exponentially in attractions and thus capacity, but everyone still has the same Main Street to walk down to the exits that they did in 1971. So when crowds swell over a holiday, the seams are stretched to the max at the park's gates and with transportation.

Then the 5 days after Monday were terrific, it was like we were on another planet. No way would I choose Memorial Day trip dates if I had a choice in the matter.

Dream'nDisney
10-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Thank you for the responses. We are contemplating moving our dates around.