PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade Taping

hauntedmansiongirl
10-22-2015, 11:31 PM
Hello! We are going to WDW in a couple of weeks, and when I was making a touring plan yesterday I read that the WDW Christmas Day parade was being taped Nov. 9-13. This wasn't even on my radar! From what I've read, it's always been taped in early December. We are supposed to be in the MK Nov 11 & 13.

Has anyone experienced this filming before? If so, are crowds going to be crazy? Does it affect the other parks at all?

Has anyone else heard that these are the dates for the parade? I'm just wondering if the info I read is correct?

Thanks so much for any help! :mickey:

Imalismom
10-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Yes, the parade is taping early this year.

I have been before, and no, to me it did not effect the parks, especially since the taping was going on in several of the parks that day.

The spot I was at, they gave out many Christmas Disney hats to wear during the taping time. You had to give them back, but it was still fun to see (I did not get selected to wear a hat).

It was a fun time, and if you are there for it - I think you'll enjoy it also!

MyDisneyworld
10-26-2015, 09:38 AM
I will be there that week and wanted to know if you have to sign up to be part of that or is it more that you just show up and watch? Do they post any kind of a schedule?

baldburke
10-26-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure, but I believe the taping is just for AP holders?

We were there during the taping in 2009 and it didn't have much of an impact on our day.

Good luck!

Strmchsr
10-28-2015, 06:16 PM
I will be there that week and wanted to know if you have to sign up to be part of that or is it more that you just show up and watch?

I'm not sure, but I believe the taping is just for AP holders?

Both of those methods have been true in the past but this year it's just a show up and watch kind of thing. Honestly, it's not very exciting. It's a lot of standing around and waiting and seeing the same float or act do the same thing several times in a row. Did it one year when we did have to sign up and commit to a 4 hour shift. Definitely not worth it just to say "We were there" on Christmas morning.

It sounds like they're doing things different this year so I don't know how it might impact the parks but in the past, Main St has been insane because of all of the crowds and closures and detours but the rest of the park has been okay.

hauntedmansiongirl
10-29-2015, 05:38 AM
Thank you so much for the info! I guess we'll just take our chances and go with the flow!