PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant desserts

DNS
10-22-2015, 12:34 PM
I am thinking about making mid afternoon reservations at a restaurant or two for just dessert. We have never done that before, but there are a couple of places I would like to go and can find absolutely nothing on the menu we will eat other than dessert. I thought if I made it around 3:30, it would not really cut into meal times for people, plus we obviously wouldn't be using a table for long. Has anyone else made reservations and just get dessert?

Hammer
10-22-2015, 01:26 PM
It shouldn't be an issue, especially with the times you are thinking about. Which restaurants are looking at trying?

DNS
10-22-2015, 02:00 PM
San Angel Inn and maybe Akershus Royal Banquet.

Hammer
10-22-2015, 02:06 PM
San Angel Inn and maybe Akershus Royal Banquet.

San Angel shouldn't be a problem. Akershus, however, is a prix fixe meal so you will be paying that price to just have dessert, which is costly.

DNS
10-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Whoa! I guess we will just stick with San Angel then. I just hope we don't get the stink eye just ordering dessert.

Kairi_7378
10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
I would consider taking a monorail trip to the Poly to have a mid-afternoon dessert at Kona Cafe.

brad192
10-22-2015, 08:43 PM
I would consider taking a monorail trip to the Poly to have a mid-afternoon dessert at Kona Cafe.

Oh Yeah! Their desserts are awesome! :tasty: Combine that with a press pot of 100% Kona for an afternoon pick-me-up, and you're good for the evening assault on your favorite theme park! :joy::walk:

Pirate Granny
10-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Hummmmmm, a few years back, we made reservations around 9pm at Jiko so we could have their creame brûlée.. When I made the ADR I said that we would just want dessert, of course the CM on the phone said no problem. The waiter was so rude, when he heard we only wanted dessert, he made us switch seats to a different area. We were the last people to enter the restaurant, and it was only half full. I should've ask to speak to the manager or left, but we didn't, and just sent a letter after our trip. SO be prepared, you would think that since you would be quicker it would be better, but that was not our experience.

DNS
10-23-2015, 12:16 PM
I will check out the Kona desserts. We usually go there for breakfast each trip, but were skipping it this time. Dessert would be nice.
I hope we are not treated like Pirate Granny. That type of thing can ruin a trip. At least for me because it would hang on my mind.