PDA

View Full Version : Magic, Mayhem, Wifi and more; Our Return to Disney --Day Eight

MrPeetrie
10-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Cast:

Me (Husband) -- 54
DW -- 42
DD -- 12
DS -- 5

"I Wish This Could Last Forever!!!"

Today is a relaxing day...literally. I have surprise mani-pedis planned for DW & DD at Grand Floridian Spa. DS & I will hang out at Magic Kingdom.

I wake early, but let others sleep a bit. After we're dressed and out, we head straight to bus stop. Hop aboard and head to Magic Kingdom. It's another perfect, sunny morning. On this trip, we've had plenty of them.

DW & DD depart for boat launch to GF; DS & I venture into the Magic Kingdom. I've been looking forward to this since I booked this trip.

Girls are on their own. This is "Man Time." Breakfast?? Where else, but Gaston's Tavern. That sounds like a manly breakfast spot. We share a chocolate croissant. Not, too manly. Oh, well. (DS liked it so much, I only got one bite.) Explore a bit, then on to first FP and ride: Little Mermaid. [Closed: Broken Down] Oh, well, on to something else. We ride Dumbo first. It's a Friday and there's a Halloween Party tonight so I'm not expecting too large a crowd. So far, I'm right. Walk on Dumbo. Walk on Goofy's Barnstormer.

The sun is so bright, I take him into the Big Top Carnival and buy him some sunglasses...(and a small toy.) Again, "Man Time." I snap a picture and send to DW. "Two Cool Cats!"

We back track to Little Mermaid and this time, it's running. Very cute ride, especially with a 5-year-old. We both enjoyed it. Loved the attention to detail on the queue, too.

Next, we hop on the train and make the complete circuit around the park. Along the way, he is over excited about the sites we experience. Splash Mountain scene. Opossums swinging on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

"Look, Dad-o, snakes!! This is so cool."

We exit where we entered -- Casey's Circus -- and take rear walkway to Tomorrowland. We go to Tomorrowland Transit Authority's PeopleMover. A new CM is "earning her ears" and we are privy to her training. This is always great, but the conversation made this time special.

We both decide on some lunch, so stop to see Sonny Eclipse perform. DS can't get enough of this show. Hard to get him to concentrate on eating.

Texts from DW indicate DD is "missing" Magic Kingdom. "This is taking longer than she expected."

Oh, well. "Man Time." We next ride Winnie the Pooh. He thinks the inter-active queue IS the ride. He's surprised that there's a ride after wiping the honey screens! We are nearing our second FastPass time so we head to Adventureland. We ride Tiki Room and as I was removing my backpack, I knocked my hat off my head without realizing. After we got a Dole Whip, I notice it's missing and go to a CM. We wait at the exit and when the attraction doors open, we enter through the exit. Someone realizes what we're doing and asks if we've lost a hat. We have. Yep. Another recovery!!!!! (I hope you've been counting.)

We still have time for Jungle Cruise FP so we walk (climb) Swiss Family Treehouse. Normally, I hate this attraction, but listening to my DS's comments made this both remarkable and precious. We both enjoyed. Jungle Cruise next and my DS won't let me put camera down. He wants a recorded copy of entire ride. Next, Aladdin's Carpet. DS tries his best to not get me wet. (I secretly want him to get us sprayed.)

Text from DW: "She's relaxing now and enjoying herself."

Great! I'd hate for that to be a disappointment.

Throughout the morning and afternoon, I won't remember how great any attractions were. I'll remember walking with my son. His conversation throughout the day was priceless. His eyes were wide open. His enthusiasm was unbridled. At the time -- and even now as I type this -- I wish I had an eidetic memory so I can recall his conversation word-for-word whenever I wish. When I think back to the highlight of this trip, it is this entire morning and afternoon. I am overjoyed to tears. (My little man.)

DW & DD finally join us around 3:00 p.m. They look refreshed! And big smiles! And matching toenails!!! Lovely!! We pose for pictures in front of Little Mermaid toenails and all, then all ride it. Almost no wait. Then, FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. Another fun attraction. DW & DD use FP for Haunted Mansion. (DS has had enough of that attraction.)

Shop. Some Sweets. Let's go. We decide on the Ferry Boat to Ticket & Transportation Center because we're having dinner at Downtown Disney. (I think it becomes Disney Springs tomorrow because we see plenty of signage that evening.)

While on the boat, storm clouds move in. Huge ones! Dark. "Rumble!" Frightening when you're on the water with your family. Just as we exit, the skies open. We put on ponchos and hike it over to the Polynesian. From there, we take a bus to DD.

We've never eaten at Raglan Road. On two previous trips, I had ADRs for here only to change them to something else. In fact, I had ADRs for this trip for our Arrival Evening, but changed them to The BOATHOUSE. I was surprised I could still get ADRs just two days ago.

When we get to Raglan Road, it's still raining and DW brings in our stroller. (There are several other strollers parked in building off to the side.) System is down and CM can't locate our reservation. (I have the confirmation number.) He insists DW leave our stroller outside despite there being three or four others inside. She covers, and joins us, but thinks he did that on purpose because he couldn't find us in the system.

Our table is great! We are very close to the entertainment. DW studied abroad at University Galway in Ireland for several months on a fellowship. DD's FAVORITE movie is Brave and her FAVORITE character is Merida so this is a treat for both. I'm enjoying the dancing...and dark beer!!!! I get the Einstock Toasted Porter. I love it. For my meal, I get the Salmon of Knowledge and I love it, too. I'm warm and fuzzy from a robust beer and I love everybody at the moment. (Just kidding.) Rave reviews for this place. Entertainment was splendid. Food was fantastic! Toasted porter was my kind of beer!!! Dark, with a punch!

One last trip to World of Disney before taking boat ride back. Late stop at Fulton's for Coke Zero and some snacks. Tubbies. Stacy's Seven Must-Do's.

Disney Channel for kids and off to bed. Tomorrow is a "clean up" day so I hope it goes well.

Bye for now.

John
10-21-2015, 12:30 AM
Thanks for sharing - the precious moments you share with your kids (especially at that age) are unforgettable memories that live a lifetime.

More than anything, Disney is about that. Making magical memories.

faline
10-21-2015, 07:40 AM
What a terrific day!! Some wonderful, special time with your son and a lovely time with your entire family!!

MrPeetrie
10-21-2015, 03:51 PM
This is DD12 from this story, and when Mummy and I go off on our own, Darling Dado over here forgets to mention what we did. But the mani-pedis were awesome! Mom and I had so much fun...I have a cool mom. Some people don't ever talk to theirs, but my mom and I laugh together and always have fun. Also, when we got to the park, DADO FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WE MET ANNA AND ELSA!!!! It's a crime, right? Elsa CM was good at her character, but her character is reserved and quiet, and not really a social butterfly. I like Anna's character a lot more; I can associate with her. Anna CM was amazing. DS5, (or DB5 for me, I guess? Darling Brother 5?) told her about bats and he danced around like one. Then Anna crouched down, sprung up, and danced around like a bat! She was also very sweet. That was awesome. We also did Tom Sawyer Island, which was very cute. I read the book and fell in love with it. The island really brought it to life for my mom and I , who both read and loved the novel. I liked seeing my favorite part of the Festival of Fantasy (the Merida part) from the tree-enveloped area where we were standing on the island. It was so cool. I love reading these stories. They're all very accurate, and I love the way my dad writes. They make me remember the magic!

Donald
10-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Sounds like you had an amazing family vacation! I love your posts! ( both of yours!)