PDA

View Full Version : Park Plan for Epcot without Soarin' this Winter and Spring

Figment!
10-19-2015, 10:17 PM
As announced in our News Forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=210809), Soarin' at Epcot will be closed for refurbishment during the Winter and Spring of 2016. :rub:

As Epcot's crowds are typically split between Soarin' and Test Track, this could be a significant outflow of Guests into other areas of the park.

.... so, INTERCOTee's, what are your thoughts/advice on how to handle Epcot with no Soarin' ?

What rides do you think will spike in wait times with-out the popular attraction open?

Discuss ... :listen:

BrerGnat
10-19-2015, 10:28 PM
My guess is that Spaceship Earth and Test Track will swell.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
10-20-2015, 07:25 AM
I can't believe they didn't wait until Frozen opened. What a mess!

BrerGnat
10-20-2015, 10:50 AM
I can't believe they didn't wait until Frozen opened. What a mess!

True. Although then those lines would just be even more ridiculous.

tjstrike
10-21-2015, 09:21 AM
I would think TT and Mission space but you could also see a spike in living with the land since it's a tier 1 FP+ also ? Seems kinda crazy but....

John
10-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Be a good time to bring back body wars... Oh wait....

Its quite a quandry. Two solid e ticket attractions (sorry, just don't count mission space as there is zero repeat value the same day) and you take away one. Then you don't have Norway open and half of innoventions is closed.

They better hope test track doesn't break down much...

Honestly it just goes to underscore how much this park should be next in line for a total rethink after the studios are done.

Reopen wonders of life with a new theme, redo imagination from the ground up, refurb/change universe of energy, make living seas more interesting and interactive - and finally add something to the end of spaceship earth besides the black curtains.

Wait, I'm on a roll...

Remove the gravestones from out front of spaceship earth and relocate outside the front gate, redo Mexico ride and bring new ride to Germany and possibly Canada as well.

Finally, replace Illuminations.

That's all I want for Christmas Santa.

wdwfansince75
10-21-2015, 10:34 AM
I think I'll just sit on a bench, close my eyes, and dream I am riding Horizons!

John
10-21-2015, 10:41 AM
I think I'll just sit on a bench, close my eyes, and dream I am riding Horizons!

Sing it wdwfan - go watch our YouTube ride thru 😉

If we can dream it, then we can do it, yes we can.....

Hammer
10-21-2015, 11:51 AM
As announced in our News Forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=210809), Soarin' at Epcot will be closed for refurbishment during the Winter and Spring of 2016. :rub:

As Epcot's crowds are typically split between Soarin' and Test Track, this could be a significant outflow of Guests into other areas of the park.

.... so, INTERCOTee's, what are your thoughts/advice on how to handle Epcot with no Soarin' ?

What rides do you think will spike in wait times with-out the popular attraction open?

Discuss ... :listen:

Jason, the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post was the Saturday Night Live Coffee Talk skit with Mike Myers. INTERCOT Coffee Talk with Figment :D !

My guess is that Spaceship Earth and Test Track will swell.

Agreed.

Its quite a quandry. Two solid e ticket attractions (sorry, just don't count mission space as there is zero repeat value the same day) and you take away one. Then you don't have Norway open and half of innoventions is closed.

Honestly it just goes to underscore how much this park should be next in line for a total rethink after the studios are done.

Reopen wonders of life with a new theme, redo imagination from the ground up, refurb/change universe of energy, make living seas more interesting and interactive - and finally add something to the end of spaceship earth besides the black curtains.

Wait, I'm on a roll...

Remove the gravestones from out front of spaceship earth and relocate outside the front gate, redo Mexico ride and bring new ride to Germany and possibly Canada as well.

Sing it wdwfan - go watch our YouTube ride thru 😉

If we can dream it, then we can do it, yes we can.....

Oh my, I think John has become verklempt! Talk among yourselves :whisper: :laughing:!

Crow
10-21-2015, 11:52 PM

Wait, I'm on a roll...

thats not too much to wish for...and a few new countries

John
10-23-2015, 12:47 PM
thats not too much to wish for...and a few new countries

John thanks you for your support....

ginger19
11-06-2015, 01:28 PM
It's a good thing there is a tequila bar now....