PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Hayride?

wiltsan
10-19-2015, 08:16 PM
I know that this isn't technically in the parks but it is a ride so thought I would start here first. Does anyone know if they still hold the Haunted Hayride-Headless Horseman event at the Wilderness Campgrounds? I have done it twice and it is spectacular and spooky. First time was the best in a horse drawn hay truck where you toured the grounds and they told the story of Ichabod Crane with sites aligned to the story along the way all ending with the scariest Headless Horseman and Horse, I have ever seen, riding up to the back of the truck scaring everyone to death.

The second time was in a horse drawn carriage - just my hubby and I - and the narration was recorded as opposed to live cast member like the first time. Kind of went through a swamp area and not as much alignment to the story.

In any event, it was a great offering. Do you think they still do or are efforts put towards MNSSHP?

EeyoresBestFriend
10-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Family members that are going down in about a week had looked into it and been told that it is no longer being offered.

I think it was fantastic and we really enjoyed ours when we went a few years ago.

buzznwoodysmom
10-20-2015, 08:43 AM
We did the haunted carriage ride back in 2010. It was the highlight of our trip, especially for my boys. Unfortunately it was discontinued just a few years later.

Goofy-n-Alabama
10-22-2015, 10:31 AM
We did this in like 2006 when it was the Hay Ride. It was really spooky for my DS who was around 12 at the time. The horse literally had its head in the carriage and it was a cool night so you could see and FEEL its breath which each galllop!!!! It think it cost like $15 per person back then?? It was money well spent.

FLKatie912
11-09-2015, 05:50 PM
I only had the opportunity to do this once, but it was much fun and I would have done it a few more times since then. I've been trying to figure out the logic since I've found out that it's not being offered anymore, and my only thought was that there had to be safety concerns.