PDA

View Full Version : Westjet unveils Frozen-themed plane in latest Disney partnership

Patricia
10-19-2015, 10:07 AM
From CBC News:
Westjet has unveiled a new Frozen-themed plane — its second custom-painted Disney-themed aircraft.

The Calgary-based airline unveiled the Frozen plane at a hangar in Toronto on Sunday morning.
The mostly-blue plane features Anna and Elsa working some snow magic on the tail, while snowman Olaf features on the front, lying under an umbrella on the beach. The aircraft was painted in Fort Worth, Texas, using 624 litres of paint in 23 colours. It will join Westjet's "Magic Plane" featuring Sorcerer Mickey, launched two years ago.

The new plane has a winter end and a summer end. Each of the 54 overhead bins has a unique decal, in keeping with the back-to-front cold-to-warm theme.

The Boeing 737 will fly to various destinations in Westjet's network, not just Orlando.

Check out the time lapsed video of the painting process at www.webdisney.com (http://www.webdisney.com)

Bay Lake
10-19-2015, 10:51 AM
It makes you wonder why Disney never got into the Air business. They could put planes in all the big airports and start your magic at your home airport.

PopPhan
10-19-2015, 11:28 AM
It makes you wonder why Disney never got into the Air business. They could put planes in all the big airports and start your magic at your home airport.

This question comes up all the time when there is a plane, from any airline, with Disney markings....

It is just not financially realistic for Disney to own a fleet of planes that are dedicated to flying to/from Disney Parks (nearest major airports). Other airlines can do this because they are not limited to airports near Disney parks and Disney pays them as part of their marketing budget.

brad192
10-19-2015, 01:40 PM

I forget who, but somebody very wise once said: "If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and buy an airline". The logistics & profit potential just aren't there, so Disney has wisely stayed away from it.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Good on ya, WestJet! The plane is beautifully done. Maybe that's why my fares to Orlando have increased so much. :D

Pretty as it is - I sooo don't want to end up having to fly in it! Nonononono :bolt:

brad192
10-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Good on ya, WestJet! The plane is beautifully done. Maybe that's why my fares to Orlando have increased so much. :D

Pretty as it is - I sooo don't want to end up having to fly in it! Nonononono :bolt:

It could be worse - The theming could be on the inside as well!:scared:

Please! Make it stop!:stop:

EeyoresBestFriend
10-19-2015, 09:49 PM

Please! Make it stop!:stop:

Egads - you're right. That would be worse . . . Olaf staring from the seatback in front of you for 5 hours!!!! :D

Figment!
10-19-2015, 10:32 PM

Egads - you're right. That would be worse . . .

.... added the interior picture to the original post. :hide2:

BrerGnat
10-19-2015, 10:37 PM
When will it stop? I have visions of archaeologists from the future digging up all this Elsa stuff and wondering who this woman was that we all apparently worshipped.

Terra
10-20-2015, 06:01 AM
I hate to fly, I mean a serious Phobia. I can barely pick someone else up at the airport!
But I'd totally think about flying on this. How fun! I'm in the minority and think it's awesome! :)

TheVBs
10-20-2015, 07:18 AM
I think it looks amazing and fun, and I'm not even a huge Frozen fan!

brad192
10-20-2015, 10:45 AM
.... added the interior picture to the original post. :hide2:

OMG! Me, in the jetway entering the plane:

:mickey: :eyes: :rub: :jaw: :sick: :ack: :bolt:

Patricia
10-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Sorry! I hadn't originally seen the interior.. I saw it later in the day, see Figment got it in there! Westjet has just added another direct flight to Orlando every week from Vancouver. Maybe I'll be Frozen on my next trip.