PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Month Refurbishment Announced for Soarin' in 2016

Figment!
10-18-2015, 11:45 PM
The Walt Disney World resort has made the following announcement:

Take flight and feel the wind through your hair as you fly above breathtaking vistas of California.

Soarin' will close for refurbishment beginning January 4, 2016 and shall reopen in the summer of 2016.

In addition to the third theater currently under construction, Epcot's Soarin' attraction is expected to receive renovations to the queue area and the same projector upgrade that its Disney California Adventure counter-part recently received.

It has not yet been confirmed if the third theater and new "Around the World" film will open in Summer 2016 or debut later in the year.

BrerGnat
10-19-2015, 12:28 AM
The projector upgrade is a HUGE improvement. The CA version looks amazing!

AgentC
10-19-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm looking forward to the update but I can't imagine Epcot with even one less thing to do. It feels so empty to me already.

Hammer
10-19-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm looking forward to the update but I can't imagine Epcot with even one less thing to do. It feels so empty to me already.

Agreed, but I knew it was going to go down at some point for some of the changes to be added. It will be ready for me to try at next years F & W (hopefully).

DisneyGiant
10-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Some time in the summer? Probably won't bode well for our 4th of July trip next year? :)

baldburke
10-19-2015, 12:47 PM

Thankfully Frozen in Norway should be opening to fill the void...right?

AgentC
10-19-2015, 01:07 PM

When we were there 2 weeks or so ago, my 7 year old spent a lot of her time watching the ducks so I suppose at this point anything will fill the void for her!

brad192
10-19-2015, 01:32 PM

I have but one thing to say:

:ack:

brownie
10-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Great, we arrive the night of January 4. I guess we don't have to decide between Soarin' and Test Track for the initial Fastpasses now.

RunDMV
10-20-2015, 06:54 AM
does the left hand know what the right hand is doing? A week after closing Soaring' is Marathon Weekend. Disney creates and promotes an even that attractions 10's of thousands of guests in an otherwise slow period. AFTER, it reaches near capacity, they announce the closure of headliners during that period.

BrerGnat
10-20-2015, 10:51 AM
They did announce that Splash Mountain would have a really short closure this January.

brad192
10-21-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm good with it, as long as they do something with that horrible que. :bang: With crowds & wait times the way they are (and worse once the refurb is done), they've got to give guests something more than a long cattle shoot with pretty pictures. :shake:

Just don't get rid of Patrick Warburton. Gotta have Patrick Warburton. :thumbsup:

Terra
10-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Disney, darned if they do. Darned if they don't
There's still plenty to do in EPCOT. I go monthly and always have stuff to do.
Glad to see the refrub and equally glad the Frozen attractionsl will be opening next year!!

Sylvia
10-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Disney, darned if they do. Darned if they don't
There's still plenty to do in EPCOT. I go monthly and always have stuff to do.
Glad to see the refrub and equally glad the Frozen attractionsl will be opening next year!!

I agree with you. I live too far away from Disney, so I can't visit as often as you, but I will never stop visiting and enjoying everything whenever I can. Life is way too short to waste time complaining. Smile, listen, and look around; you may be surprised by what you hear and see. When I'm in Disney, I'm never at a loss for something entertaining to enjoy. Disney is so much more than a few "e-ticket" attractions.

Terra
10-22-2015, 06:29 AM
I agree with you. I live too far away from Disney, so I can't visit as often as you, but I will never stop visiting and enjoying everything whenever I can. Life is way too short to waste time complaining. Smile, listen, and look around; you may be surprised by what you hear and see. When I'm in Disney, I'm never at a loss for something entertaining to enjoy. Disney is so much more than a few "e-ticket" attractions.
Love this :)
Yeah I know at EPCOT. I never grow tired of seeing the movies in the countries that have them. In Morocco for instance, I love the Fez room. Love looking at all the beautiful tile work. It's not crowded usually and it's a great place to sit and rest and even meditate. We can spend hours in The Seas Aquarium each time [my 7 and 9 year old LOVE it]. There are just so many small details and things to discover and see!

texas211
10-22-2015, 08:01 PM

Ouch, sore spot. Walked by today, and miss my Maelstrom. Can see some other construction nearby to further make Norway an abomination.

If only they'd build the Rhine river ride. :)

But as long as I can booze it up at the FW festival, that is what counts. And they better not touch my Living w/ the land.

brad192
10-22-2015, 08:54 PM
Ouch, sore spot. Walked by today, and miss my Maelstrom. Can see some other construction nearby to further make Norway an abomination.

If only they'd build the Rhine river ride. :)

But as long as I can booze it up at the FW festival, that is what counts. And they better not touch my Living w/ the land.

Don't forget the awesome new attraction...LUMBERJACKS!:trio: I'd NEED a couple of stiff ones to get through that...:cheers:

texas211
10-25-2015, 01:28 PM
I have but one thing to say:

:ack:

2nd that.

Bay Lake
10-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Don't forget the awesome new attraction...LUMBERJACKS!:trio: I'd NEED a couple of stiff ones to get through that...:cheers:

Saw this show for the first time on Thursday, hopefully it was the last time I have to see it.

baldburke
10-26-2015, 08:57 PM

I was kidding of course folks!

baldburke
10-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Just don't get rid of Patrick Warburton. Gotta have Patrick Warburton. :thumbsup:

Us too! We're also hoping Patrick makes the cut!

baldburke
10-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Actually O Canada! Is always a must do for us. Can't miss it!

Arielfan98
10-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Nooooo! I arrive January 7th :(