PDA

View Full Version : Evening EMH with off property guests?

Dulcee
10-15-2015, 09:37 AM
We haven't done off property in years. While we are avoiding most parks on days with EMHs we will be in Epcot one night they have EMH at night. How does this work? We don't plan on doing attractions after Iluminations but can we walk around World Showcase? Get a drink? Shop? That kind of thing...

Speedy1998
10-15-2015, 12:26 PM
Only resort guest can ride attractions, I believe they check your magic band. However, Disney will not kick anyone out of a shop or restaurant.

Pirate Granny
10-15-2015, 09:13 PM
I've heard the store will scan you MB before you can make a purchase, same as restaurants and such...you personally understand you should leave, so why the question?

Dulcee
10-16-2015, 12:22 PM
I've heard the store will scan you MB before you can make a purchase, same as restaurants and such...you personally understand you should leave, so why the question?

The question arose because on a normal night at EPCOT we wouldn't make a bee line to the exit at "closing time." We'd still take our time meandering and hitting shops on the walk out as these often remain open a bit later then attractions.

Speedy1998
10-16-2015, 12:24 PM

Really? I just can not imagine Disney says "Sorry we are not going to let you buy that".

Also, not sure if they still do, but about 6 or 7 years ago, the shops used to stay open at least a half hour after the park closed (even when it was not EMH) have they changed that?

tjstrike
10-21-2015, 09:30 AM
I say stay and shop or drink, whatever. EMH is more geared toward letting the onsite folks ride rides with a shorter line than anything else. EPCOT is big enough for everybody. :D