PDA

View Full Version : The First Trip Do-Over Pre Trip Report

JanetMegan
10-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Cast of Characters:

JanetMegan-Me, 38 (man when on earth did I turn 38?) Long time Disney Lover. Probably 50 trips to WDW.

LVP-my very long time boyfriend-52, former US Marine, not really a Disney guy. Only Disney movie he has ever seen is Up. Only one trip to WDW.

A bit of background. I took LVP on his first trip to WDW in Dec of 2010 for the wedding of a very good friend. It was the coldest weather Orlando had had in something like 50 years. It was miserable. We literally had 4-5 shirts on at once. I also tried to push way too hard to do everything in just a few short days and ended up being accused of taking LVP on a Death March around WDW. Basically he said never again.

Fast Forward to this past Spring. I mentioned that I wanted to get down to WDW for at least a long weekend and if he didn't want to go I was going to go by myself. I'm not sure if he had a change of heart or just didn't want me going alone (which I would have been fine with) but he agreed to go. Ironically the day we decided this was the day Free Dining opened up (I hadn't even checked) and our TA was able to score us a room with free dining. So here is the plan...

Drive to WDW Saturday Oct. 24th for a one night room only reservation at Wilderness Lodge.

Our free dining package starts on Sunday for 6 nights at WL in a Courtyard room (hopefully they can give us a nice room to start with so we don't have to move.)

I've planned fast passes for each day but I've also planned a break mid-day each day to come back to the hotel, chill out, drink beers etc. We hope to spend a day at Typhoon Lagoon (weather permitting) and have ADRs for the following:

Saturday night-Trail's End Buffet at Fort Wilderness
Sunday Night-Kona
Monday Night-Coral Reef
Tuesday Night-San Angel Inn
Wednesday morning breakfast-Whispering Canyon
Wednesday Dinner-The Wave
Thursday Night-Ohana
Friday Night-Whispering Canyon Cafe

Saturday-Drive home.

So there you go. Will I be able to chill enough for him to enjoy it? Will he want to go back...stay tuned!!

WDWFanatic
10-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Looks like a great plan Janet. I've started to TRY to be a little more relaxed on my trips also. I've always looked at it like I had to fit everything in like I wasn't going to every be back, lol.

I hope you both have a great trip!

disneymom15
10-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Hope you can change his mind. Good luck, have a great time.

faline
10-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Nice plan! Hopefully, you will return home with a Disney World convert!!

cer
10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
LVP-my very long time boyfriend-52, former US Marine, not really a Disney guy. Only Disney movie he has ever seen is Up. Only one trip to WDW.

This makes me sad. I cannot imagine a childhood without Disney movies. I am thinking over all the beloved movie experiences of my lifetime as well as the Disney I've enjoyed with my kids.

No Peter Pan? No Mary Poppins?

How can that be? :confused:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this trip turns out. Your plans sound fantastic.

Wishing you pixie dust!

hauntedmansiongirl
10-11-2015, 03:22 AM
My DH and I love Disney but it's only because we take our time and don't bother with doing the Guerilla style open-close parks anymore! We sleep in, spend time at the resort and head to the parks by 1:30-2pm. We love the night atmosphere with them all lit up.

I've also learned how to read when my DH has had enough & I don't push him too hard! He tires of the crowds long before I do.

Treats like a Mickey ice cream bar will help too!

Have a great time & good luck! :mickey:

JanetMegan
10-13-2015, 10:02 AM
I've been showing him food pics from TripAdvisor and Yelp for each night's dinner so he can get excited about ordering steak every night ;) Seems to help.

RedSoxFan
10-15-2015, 04:21 PM
I hope you have a great time. I remember Dec 2010 and being so cold. We took our niece (who is our daughter's age) for her first trip and I just couldn't believe how cold it was. Going back in December and hoping it's warmer!!

cer
10-15-2015, 04:25 PM
I've been showing him food pics from TripAdvisor and Yelp for each night's dinner so he can get excited about ordering steak every night ;) Seems to help.

It can't hurt.

Hmmm.....steak.

Just a little over a week away. Yay! :mickey:

princessgirls
11-05-2015, 11:44 AM
You have a great trip planned!!!!
Enjoy!!!

emerzmom
11-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Hope the trip went well.
:tink:
Julie