PDA

View Full Version : LOVED my stay at AKL

forever a child
10-07-2015, 08:38 PM
I have visited the resort in the past for Boma ressies and to see the Christmas decorations. But this was our first stay. I really only booked it because it was where my DD has been dying to stay at.

DD arrived to check us in and verify she was a CM. So she texted me that we had a room with a bunk bed. I wasn't thrilled with this and neither was my 15 yo niece, so we told her we wanted to change to two regular beds. When we arrived, I paid our balance and we requested a room change.

We were SO surprised that we got upgraded from a standard room to a Savannah room! We had a wonderful view and I got up early every morning and had my coffee out there. I LOVED this resort and was so surprised at how much I did love it. I would stay here again! I loved the smell when you entered that I never noticed before. We explored all the viewing areas and spent a little time in the pool before our MNSSHP day.

My DD really loved being here and she was so happy to have the savannah room. I didn't see the other room but she loved the upgrade. It was a great visit and we spent more time in the resort than we ever have on previous trips.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Lucky you! :cloud9:

We were fortunate enough to have a few days there once but generally can't afford to stay there. It is a beautiful resort.

disney obsessed
10-07-2015, 09:46 PM
It is my families absolute favorite...and we have stayed at just about them all. We stopped going to new resorts after finding this one shortly after it opened. :thumbsup:

tjstrike
10-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Glad you enjoyed it, we stayed there for our 1st time last May and loved it. :thumbsup:

baldburke
10-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Love the AKL! It's a bit far out, but the themeing is awesome and it's great to be able to sit out and watch the animals with your coffee or before dinner. Awesome!

forever a child
10-08-2015, 06:43 PM
We came back to the resort a couple of times to take naps before heading back to the parks. My niece does not do well in the heat for long periods of time (I discovered) so a late afternoon nap was much needed.

I agree that the only negative is the long drive to the parks and we did not even visit AK park. But the buses were great. Most were there when we arrived at the stop or pulled up as soon as we got there. We only had one time where we had to wait 20 minutes for a bus. We had one night where the bus was pretty packed and we had to stand but usually it seemed pretty moderate.

LVT
10-09-2015, 06:47 PM
I am glad you enjoyed it .:thumbsup:

CarrieAllie
10-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Omigoodness can't wait til we get to go! Been there to eat and such, but never to stay at the resort. So glad you enjoyed it! :thumbsup::mickey:

faline
10-09-2015, 08:17 PM
It's a wonderful resort. We've been fortunate enough to stay here on a few occasions. At times, it's bee difficult to leave long enough to visit the parks. If you have the opportunity, please dine at Jiko! It''s one of the best!! [/I]

snowflakegirl
10-12-2015, 08:42 AM
We love AKL! So glad you enjoyed your stay and the surprise savannah view. We were treated to one on our first visit and we had breakfast every morning enjoying the view.

#1donaldfan
10-13-2015, 01:08 PM
We've been fortunate enough to stay there a couple of times and we love it !! The pool was incredible and my favorite part. I was kinda bummed that there were no good running trails, but the gym was nice. I did love drinking my coffee and reading my bible on the balcony each morning !!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
10-15-2015, 04:14 PM
It is a wonderful resort and we have stayed there a few times. It's DH's favorite resort.

VacationDisney
10-15-2015, 10:10 PM
This is our favorite resort. Can't wait to return.

forever a child
10-17-2015, 12:19 PM
I knew this was a beloved resort for many! I feel like if I ever get to return that I would want the savannah view because that really made my mornings special. I loved waking up before the girls and spending my quiet time out there. I wish I has brought my bible too!

I will be at Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge in Dec which will be first time stays for me there too. I could have gotten AKL for about the same cost but I really want to experience new resorts and this is the best time for me to do that with my DD's CM discount. But I hope I will enjoy them both as much as I did AKL. :mickey:

lawgirl
10-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Oh my favorite by far! So glad you had a great stay. I absolutely love the AKL...feels like my home. Can't wait to go back!