PDA

View Full Version : Universal through the Eyes of a Ten Year Old Part One

NJGIRL
10-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Starting from where I left off from my Disney Report.....the lazy cab driver dropped us off at the Lowe's Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal. I have stayed here maybe 6 times and love the resort. Mary was very impressed with the hotel and said it was beautiful. It is a deluxe hotel and I paid about the same price per night as the moderates at Disney. Check In was a breeze as it always is. We went right over to the Express Pass kiosk and got our pictures taken, brought our luggage up to the room and walked over to City Walk to get dinner. Mary was also impressed that we didn't have to take a bus to get where we were going. It was a nice short walk.

We didn't have a reservation for tonight because I wasn't sure what time we would be getting there so we just had to wing it. Mary's first choice was the Mexican Restaurant then her little eyes spotted Moe's.....A little back story, whenever I have Mary for a weekend our ritual is Moe's for lunch, then a trip to 5 Below where we negotiate how much she gets to spend (candy not included), then we either go bowling or to the boardwalk etc.....So Moe's is our special hang out. We ate at Moe's and got our usual, her having rice or course. When we were finished we were going to get milk shakes from Stone Cold but we decided to go over to the Hard Rock store first and hit the ice cream later. The store was packed as it usually is at night. She picked out a shirt that she didn't already have...Another little back story, while her family has only done Disney once they are world travelers. Mary is 10 and has been to Canada, France, England, Italy, Germany, and Scotland...They are going to Ireland next year. Whenever they travel and there is a Hard Rock around they stop in and get shirts, so she has a little collection. I bought a few things and we went back to the hotel for the night......We skipped the shakes that night. :D The bed was so comfortable I fell right asleep.

MizMissy
10-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Very nice check-in and evening. Yes, after waiting for buses all week, being in control of your own destiny (i.e. walking) is a very good thing. On our Universal trips, I may be do one boat ride the entire trip. I would rather not wait. It's also one of the main reasons we would not consider staying at Portofino, I would rather walk.

faline
10-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Pleasant arrival day at Universal!!

Pally
10-11-2015, 07:23 PM
It is nice being so close to everything. Not a lot of lost time travelling.