PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - October 29-Nov 14, 2015

Strmchsr
10-04-2015, 02:38 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Thursday pm, October 29, 2015
Looks like the high today will be around 83. Tomorrow through Saturday looks mostly dry. Just a slight chance of a brief pop up shower moving through. The high tomorrow will be 82-84, then 85-87 for Saturday and Sunday. Sunday will have a 50-50 chance of scattered showers, mainly in the afternoon and evening as the front approaches. Monday will be 86-88 with still a 50-50 chance of rain. The front isn't moving very quickly. The good news is that the front is running out of steam as it moves into Florida so it won't be a widespread rain, nor will anything that moves over last too long, but you'll need to keep an eye on the sky. Tuesday through Thursday highs will be around 85 with a 40% chance of a sea breeze thunderstorm each afternoon.

Long range...Nov 6-10 looks a little unsettled on today's runs with highs in the mid 80s and a decent chance of a pop up thunderstorm each afternoon. Nov 11-14 looks mostly dry with highs in the low 80s.

Travel Issues :drive::plane:
Minor delays at Newark today. Tomorrow the biggest delay risk will be over TX and OK.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
There's a tropical wave out in the Atlantic but it's highly doubtful that will amount to anything.

Catzle
10-22-2015, 04:13 PM
So I am a worrier and heading down just for Halloween weekend from NY weather looks real bad. How often this time of year is it accurate?

lawgirl
10-22-2015, 09:38 PM
So I am a worrier and heading down just for Halloween weekend from NY weather looks real bad. How often this time of year is it accurate?

Ooooh...us too. Yikes!

Strmchsr
10-23-2015, 03:50 PM
Posting the reply now. Been at a conference the last couple of days.

Hammer
10-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Looks like it may not be as warm as I hoped when we are at WDW Nov 1-7 (arrive in Tampa Oct 31). Should be fine for going to the parks, but not warm enough for us to hang out at the pool.

Hammer
10-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the update, Chris! Looking a little warmer, but I see pool time being replaced with Disney Springs shopping and a morning or afternoon at the Spa (we are staying at SSR).

Strmchsr
10-25-2015, 04:22 PM
I think it'll be a toss up on the pool. There's no sign of any real cold snap on the horizon but it doesn't look super warm either. More just comfortable fall temps.

lawgirl
10-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Looks perfect! Yay!

baldburke
10-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Looks like it may not be as warm as I hoped when we are at WDW Nov 1-7 (arrive in Tampa Oct 31). Should be fine for going to the parks, but not warm enough for us to hang out at the pool.

Headed down too 11/2 thru 11/5 for short stay for our 20th. It will be a be a little warm with highs near 90°, but should cool down nicely at night. Good luck!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Arriving on Saturday for four days and just checked the weather thread here. Holy Cow! It's gonna be like 88 and sunny each day. Didn't expect that from reading the post here. That's hot but I'll take it.

Strmchsr
10-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Arriving on Saturday for four days and just checked the weather thread here. Holy Cow! It's gonna be like 88 and sunny each day. Didn't expect that from reading the post here. That's hot but I'll take it.

Yeah, there's a pretty strong ridge building over Florida through early next week that will keep it above normal temps. It's what those of us in the South commonly call "Indian Summer". There's always, always at least 1 week of hot weather after you think things have cooled off from the year. And that will be next week.