PDA

View Full Version : Morimoto Asia opens in Disney Springs- review and pics

Christine
09-30-2015, 11:25 PM
I had the pleasure of covering the media event for INTERCOT last night at Morimoto Asia.

Prepare to be amazed at just walking up to Morimoto Asia. Walking in is a whole different experience when you see the 2-story chandeliers in the immediate center of the restaurant. Studio V's design concepts are eclectic and yet fluid. Your eyes will be drawn easily from one beautiful sculpture, photo, seating nook to the relaxing lounge, LONG sushi bar, and the gorgeous sweeping views of Disney Springs Landing.

I was able to sample a few items off the menu -the rock shrimp tempura was my favorite, very hearty and tangy. We also experienced the duck Caesar salad, chicken tempura, dumplings, crab Rangoon & chicken shumai. The white Lilly cocktail was SO crisp and refreshing and was served with a twist and dainty flower petal. They also have Morimoto's signature beer on draft.

It's quite an experience to take in. Two lounges, outdoor availability, glassed in private tables, large round tables, some nooks behind large curtains, seating at the sushi bar-- there are so many different layers to this venue that you could have different experiences at different visits. Lazy Susans on the centers of some tables encourage sampling and sharing sushi and appetizers.

The kitchen is partially visible, complete with roasting Peking duck on display.

Kids menus are available. Prices range to $48, for the signature Peking duck. Currently reservations are available through Open Table. Reservations through 407-WDW-DINE begin November 1. Hours are daily from 11:00 a.m. to 2 a.m. serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.

Morimoto Asia is a real jewel in the crown of Disney Springs. I would highly recommend taking the time to slow down and take in this labor of love that Chef Morimoto and the Patina Group have created. Pictures below and are available for immediate viewing on INTERCOT's social media outlets - Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram.

alongfortheride
09-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Pics...

alongfortheride
09-30-2015, 11:56 PM
More Pics...

alongfortheride
10-01-2015, 12:00 AM
more...

alongfortheride
10-01-2015, 12:02 AM
More...

alongfortheride
10-01-2015, 12:04 AM
and still more...

alongfortheride
10-01-2015, 12:05 AM
And Finally...

TheVBs
10-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Wow! Looks yummy!

disneymom15
10-01-2015, 09:34 AM
WOW, looks amazing...think we'll have to try it soon.

Hammer
10-01-2015, 10:47 AM
I had the pleasure of covering the media event for INTERCOT last night at Morimoto Asia.

Prepare to be amazed at just walking up to Morimoto Asia. Walking in is a whole different experience when you see the 2-story chandeliers in the immediate center of the restaurant. Studio V's design concepts are eclectic and yet fluid. Your eyes will be drawn easily from one beautiful sculpture, photo, seating nook to the relaxing lounge, LONG sushi bar, and the gorgeous sweeping views of Disney Springs Landing.

I was able to sample a few items off the menu -the rock shrimp tempura was my favorite, very hearty and tangy. We also experienced the duck Caesar salad, chicken tempura, dumplings, crab Rangoon & chicken shumai. The white Lilly cocktail was SO crisp and refreshing and was served with a twist and dainty flower petal. They also have Morimoto's signature beer on draft.

It's quite an experience to take in. Two lounges, outdoor availability, glassed in private tables, large round tables, some nooks behind large curtains, seating at the sushi bar-- there are so many different layers to this venue that you could have different experiences at different visits. Lazy Susans on the centers of some tables encourage sampling and sharing sushi and appetizers.

The kitchen is partially visible, complete with roasting Peking duck on display.

Kids menus are available. Prices range to $48, for the signature Peking duck. Currently reservations are available through Open Table. Reservations through 407-WDW-DINE begin November 1. Hours are daily from 11:00 a.m. to 2 a.m. serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.

Morimoto Asia is a real jewel in the crown of Disney Springs. I would highly recommend taking the time to slow down and take in this labor of love that Chef Morimoto and the Patina Group have created. Pictures below and are available for immediate viewing on INTERCOT's social media outlets - Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram.

The restaurant looks lovely. Chef Morimoto is known for being involved in the look and feel of his restaurants as well as designing the menu, and as you can see, it shows. All of his restaurants are unique in design as well as most of the menu. Even though he has a restaurant in Philadelphia, I know when I eat at this one in WDW it will be a totally unique experience. I can't wait!

EeyoresBestFriend
10-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the great preview! Looking forward to trying it someday :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
10-01-2015, 01:10 PM
For those of us who don't like raw seafood... are there a lot of cooked choices?

Hammer
10-02-2015, 12:14 PM
For those of us who don't like raw seafood... are there a lot of cooked choices?

Here (https://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=158) is a link to the menu from the restaurant website. As you can see, there are many cooked choices. Comparing this menu with the one for his restaurant in Philadelphia, only a couple of dishes are duplicated, and I would consider those dishes to be signature dishes at all of Morimoto's restaurants.

brad192
10-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Dang! Now I'm hungry! :tasty: Those food pics were amazing! Not so, the prices on the menu though...Ouch! :spend::faint:

VWL Mom
10-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Great picture, thanks!

Picked up my new TIW card on Thursday and Morimoto is listed, yay.

Christine
10-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Yes! Just got the email with updates to TiW and saw it on there. Still no Boathouse

SurferStitch
10-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Weird.... I just called Morimoto Asia to ask about a December reservation.

She said I could make a December reservation, so I told her the date and time. She then said that I couldn't make a lunch reservation for December yet (I wanted 1:30 pm). She said I could make a dinner reservation. She suggested I make a dinner ressie, then call back after November 1st and change the time to lunch.

Then in the next sentence, she said that the restaurant doesn't open to the public until November 1st. I also heard another person in the background tell a patron that they didn't open until November 1st as well, even though their Facebook page states they opened September 30th.

So, what's the deal? Are they open or not? I also wasn't able to make a ressie for December on Open Table, either (lunch or dinner).

Sorry I seem so confused, but the person I spoke with was rather unclear and not very helpful.

Thanks.

Hammer
10-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Weird.... I just called Morimoto Asia to ask about a December reservation.

She said I could make a December reservation, so I told her the date and time. She then said that I couldn't make a lunch reservation for December yet (I wanted 1:30 pm). She said I could make a dinner reservation. She suggested I make a dinner ressie, then call back after November 1st and change the time to lunch.

Then in the next sentence, she said that the restaurant doesn't open to the public until November 1st. I also heard another person in the background tell a patron that they didn't open until November 1st as well, even though their Facebook page states they opened September 30th.

So, what's the deal? Are they open or not? I also wasn't able to make a ressie for December on Open Table, either (lunch or dinner).

Sorry I seem so confused, but the person I spoke with was rather unclear and not very helpful.

Thanks.

From what I have been able to find out, it is walk up only until November 1 and I think only for dinner. After that, you will be able to make reservations through Disney Dining. Regarding Open Table, you usually can't make reservations at a restaurant through them until 60 days out. When are you going in December?

VWL Mom
10-06-2015, 04:14 PM
They were open last week when we were there, is it possible she meant they don't open for lunch until November 1? Open Table is accepting reservations through October 1st. I believe November 1st is also the date that reservations will switch over to Disney.

SurferStitch
10-06-2015, 07:23 PM
From what I have been able to find out, it is walk up only until November 1 and I think only for dinner. After that, you will be able to make reservations through Disney Dining. Regarding Open Table, you usually can't make reservations at a restaurant through them until 60 days out. When are you going in December?

I'm at 55 days now.

VWL Mom
10-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Open Table is accepting reservations through October 1st.

Sorry, meant to say Open Table is accepting reservations through October 31st.

RBrooksC
10-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Ok. I found stuff I will eat. Will they let an adult order from the Kid's Menu???

Pally
10-13-2015, 09:37 AM
The food looks delicious. I love sushi. My family not so much but Looking at the menu I think there might be something they can find that they would like. I would really like to try this place in December. I can plead its my birthday month and this is where I would like to go.

Thanks for posting the fabulous pictures.

RBrooksC
10-13-2015, 09:48 AM
The food looks delicious. I love sushi. My family not so much but Looking at the menu I think there might be something they can find that they would like. I would really like to try this place in December. I can plead its my birthday month and this is where I would like to go.

Thanks for posting the fabulous pictures.

As a person who abhors Asian Cuisine, I can say that so far I have only found maybe two things on the Kid's Menu that I would consider trying. And it is disappointing for my wife because ever since we've gotten married (11 years) she has been trying to get me to like Asian food but she has only gotten as far as her Beef and Snow peas and that I will only eat it if she makes it at home.

I hope your family can find something they enjoy so you may enjoy this place. As much as I enjoy watching Chef Morimoto on Iron Chef, I can't, at least from this menu, seeing myself eating there.