PDA

View Full Version : CBR help?

OneMoreTime
09-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Looking to book Caribbean Beach Resort for the fact it has accommodations for 5 ppl. Pros cons? :mickey:

KiNg4aDaY
09-28-2015, 01:59 PM
I stayed at CBR last time I went to WDW and really liked it. There are benefits and negatives to it just like any other resort.

Benefits:
-It is a beautiful resort! They have small lakes with beaches and hammocks to relax on. You aren't allowed to go in the water though due to alligator risks
-It is a quiet resort for the most part - I never heard my neighbors
-A lot to do - they have a free movie most nights (I didn't do these because I traveled alone)
-They have a nice dining/gift shop building

Cons:
-It is a VERY large resort and very spread out. You either have to take the bus around the perimeter or walk.
-If you walk there are no real direct paths...I had to walk around the small lake every day in order to get to the dining area....it was easily a 10 - 15 minute walk.
-Several bus stops...(can also be a positive)...you have to stop several times as you go around the resort to pick up more people going to the parks. It adds on time to get to the parks.

OneMoreTime
09-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Thank you for ur input. Hope to book in the next couple of days!!! Soooooo excited!!!!!

texas211
09-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Pros
Food choices are different and break up the ho hum of park food.
Check in didn't seem to bad (though i took a car and not ME).
Rooms are cool looking, with the pirate motif.
Nice theme throughout.
Easy to get to.

Cons:
Pirate bed designs are based on medieval torture devices. Kinda hard to get in/out if you have some mobility issues. Hard as a plank.
About a 10 mile walk to the food court from the furthest buildings.
Buses are always fool. Ended up using my car as usual.