PDA

View Full Version : Bus Service At BC

RedSoxFan
09-27-2015, 01:57 PM
How is the bus service from BC to the parks? Is BC the first to be picked up or last, etc? We are considering changing our resort to BC from AKL. Thanks!!

Strmchsr
09-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Personally, I found the bus service at BC to be pretty shotty. But that's true of almost all the deluxe resorts for some reason. The couple of times we stayed we shared with Boardwalk, YC, and sometimes Swan and Dolphin and were last on the pick up/drop off. I don't know if that's always the case, but the two times we've stayed there it has been. For DAK we drive, for Epcot and DHS we walk, and even to MK we've found it faster to walk through Epcot to the monorail. But, the bus service is the only thing I haven't liked about BC. Everything else has been great.

RedSoxFan
09-27-2015, 02:41 PM
This is what DH is afraid of and for that reason doesn't want to stay at BC. As much as we like AKL; we spend most of our time at Epcot and MK and I wanted BC. We are considering GF now.

RedSoxFan
09-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Does the bus at BC/YC share with Swan/Dolphin and BW?

Basket Mommy
09-27-2015, 09:04 PM
I've stayed at BCV many times and I've only known them to share a bus with the Yacht Club. YC does get dropped off first and picked up first, but I've never had a problem with crowds unless it's early in the morning. The last 2 times I stayed there they had Cast Members with iPads running buses. They were very quick. My last visit there was in May of this year. If you're going to be in Epcot and DHS more than MK or AK, definitely stay at BC. Don't let the buses deter you. Bus problems happen at every resort, I've found.

Oh, and GO RED SOX! Our local team is a single A affiliate for the Red Sox. We love our Greenville Drive and the Sox!

RedSoxFan
09-27-2015, 09:09 PM
I've stayed at BCV many times and I've only known them to share a bus with the Yacht Club. YC does get dropped off first and picked up first, but I've never had a problem with crowds unless it's early in the morning. The last 2 times I stayed there they had Cast Members with iPads running buses. They were very quick. My last visit there was in May of this year. If you're going to be in Epcot and DHS more than MK or AK, definitely stay at BC. Don't let the buses deter you. Bus problems happen at every resort, I've found.

Oh, and GO RED SOX! Our local team is a single A affiliate for the Red Sox. We love our Greenville Drive and the Sox!

Thanks. I've asked my TA to change my resort to BC. It will be different from AKL (we've stayed there a few times) and a lot cheaper than GF (which we were considering).

Strmchsr
09-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Does the bus at BC/YC share with Swan/Dolphin and BW?

I think it depends on the time of the year. When we've stayed there during generally "slower" times of the year the buses have sometimes been shared but during busier times I don't think so. It probably depends on how much traffic they're expecting.

Fangorn
09-28-2015, 02:03 PM
I think it depends on the time of the year. When we've stayed there during generally "slower" times of the year the buses have sometimes been shared but during busier times I don't think so. It probably depends on how much traffic they're expecting.

Seems to not only depend on the time of year, but also on the time of day. Stayed at BCV first of September, and YC, BC and BW typically shared a bus during most of the day. Mornings and nights, each resort had their own bus (although YC and BC were lumped together one night). I have also stayed at the Swan when the Swan and Dolphin were added to the mix so that all 5 resorts shared a bus.

Steve

etibbetts
09-28-2015, 02:33 PM
I just stayed at Yacht Club last week and we only shared the bus with Beach Club. All busses dropped off/picked up Yacht Club first then went to Beach Club. I did not find any time that anyone was standing on the busses (please keep in mind though that we did not stay til park close). The walk to Epcot is so short, it's amazing! The boat does stop at other Epcot resort hotels though.

Don't let the busses deter you. We stayed at Riverside our first week, and thought the bus service was far superior at Yacht/Beach Club.

Maddie
10-02-2015, 08:47 AM
You're better off getting off at the first stop and walking, whether it be Swan and Dolphin or boardwalk.. you will make it back to BC before the bus and enjoy a nice little stroll!

This is generally what we do with any large resort.. just get off the first stop and leisurely stroll back to our room. Waiting for the bus to make multiple stops when you are so close to your room can be agonizing!

BrerGnat
10-02-2015, 11:53 AM
I've stayed there a few times and the buses were never an issue. Wilderness Lodge was where I had horrible bus service on 3 separate occasions. Bad bus service CAN happen anywhere. However, since you only really need to bus to MK from BC, it's not nearly as annoying as having to depend on buses to get you everywhere.

Mendelson
10-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Personally, I found the bus service at BC to be pretty shotty.

Strmchsr you have inadvertently given me a new word! "Shotty" is a great combination of "shoddy" and another word that means even worse than that but that I can't type here!
:blush:

Strmchsr
10-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Strmchsr you have inadvertently given me a new word! "Shotty" is a great combination of "shoddy" and another word that means even worse than that but that I can't type here!
:blush:

lol spell correct on the phone can be helpful sometimes even when it messes up. :D

Dream'nDisney
10-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Everytime we have stayed at BC or YC, the bus went from Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC and then BW. At times, it was in reverse, but always stopped at all resorts.

VWL Mom
10-14-2015, 01:40 PM
People are reporting that last week there were separate buses for BW, BC/YC, and Swan/Dolphin each with their own gate at MK. Can anyone confirm this?

etibbetts
10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
I can confirm that for the week of 9/19-9/26 at MK there was one queue for BC/YC and one separate queue for BW/Swan/Dolphin. The queues were right next to each other though so I'm sure they could combine them at anytime.

BrerGnat
10-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Yes, BC and YC have their own MK bus. Been that way for years.

Courtland Lambert
10-15-2015, 11:25 AM
:number1: DW and I have stayed at BC and Yacht Club and had no problem with the buses. Love being able to walk to HS and Epcot !!!!:yay: We walk a lot and average about 12 miles a day while at Disney. I have a feeling you'll fall in love with the BC:thumbsup: