PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Lights - Last Time?

VacationDisney
09-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Was wondering if anyone has planned a trip just to see the Osborne lights before they are gone forever?

My husband is trying to talk me into going, but we were just there this past May and we have been very fortunate to have experienced the lights 3 or 5 times:cloud9:

I think I'd like to wait a little while and see what additions / improvements that are planned for the future. Right now we are hoping to return sometime in 2017:thumbsup: As much as we really love the lights I think we'll hold off and go in 2017!

KarenP
09-27-2015, 01:36 PM
I have been contemplating it. I would love to see them one more time!

DisneyAddict62
09-28-2015, 09:29 AM
We have seen them several times as well, but thinking of going one more time to see them again! Would be nice if they could find a new home!

Tinky-Bell
09-28-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm not going just to see the lights, but I happen to already have plans to be there Dec 2-8, so I booked the dessert party to see them one last time. I will certainly miss them, but I understand the reason behind it. Now looking forward to the new Star Wars land! :mickey:

missouridisney
09-28-2015, 11:17 PM
I actually am planning a trip just to see the lights. Myself and my 36 yo DD have seen them once. But my 26 yo DD has never seen them. So just the 3 of us are going (first time for just us 3.) We only had one weekend to go, November 6th also going to Mickey'sChristmas party. Found good flights or we wouldn't do it.BUT I think everybody and is brother will be there. No rooms at Disney had to stay at Downtown. Disney. Oh well guess it is only money.

MyDisneyworld
10-07-2015, 09:35 AM
We normally always go to Disney during Halloween but decided to switch it up this year and go for Christmas. After booking everything then we found out it was the last year for the lights so it worked out well. I have only watched it once before and it was pretty cool so i'm looking forward to it. Also my kids have not been before so they are really excited to see it as well.
Can't wait 29 days and counting.......

Crow
10-07-2015, 11:43 AM
we were going to go somewhere diff next month, but heard about the last yr of the lights and decided on WDW. was a struggle finding rooms cause didnt look months ahead but will make it work at 4 diff places. after this, idt i will go back for a while due to the cost of passes etc. so we will be viewing the lights on the first friday they are on. I have seen them once but she hasnt.

tjstrike
10-08-2015, 07:12 AM
We're going 1 more time in Dec., then probably going to skip a few years until some of these new lands and attractions are up and running.

minnie04
10-08-2015, 11:59 AM
just booked a quick weekend to go see them in Dec. We went last year as well, but I want to see them one more time before they are gone for good..

John
10-12-2015, 08:15 PM
We've just planned a trip over thanksgiving to go content gathering for INTERCOT taping and photographing every ride, show and attraction - but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was also going to see the lights one last time...

buzznwoodysmom
10-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Seriously contemplating a short trip just for the lights.....:blush:

DebK
10-13-2015, 09:40 PM
I did!

CleveSJM
10-14-2015, 01:35 AM
I looked for business conferences/seminars during the time frame. Found one. So booked it and am "forcing" my wife to come down for one night to see them one last time. Nice to have a job that I need "remote educational experiences" for. And available training budget... :mickey:

cer
10-14-2015, 03:16 PM
So, we are going in November - this is our first time to go during this time of year and our first time to get to see the Osborne Lights.

On the day we are planning to go, it is also the last day of the Food and Wine Festival and we are doing that as well. The question is, do you recommend getting there for when they turn on the lights? If so, how much earlier and where do you recommend waiting? - OR is it really no big deal, not worth the hassle of being there for the turn on. :confused:

Would love your opinion on this.

DadTriton
11-03-2015, 10:21 AM
We will be there Fri Nov 27 to see them for the last time. The kids have seen them before, but not in 5 years.