PDA

View Full Version : POTC soft opening, cannon fire

CAS
09-26-2015, 05:50 PM
We rode post-refurb yesterday and noticed several subtle changes (candles where there used to be none and other small additions) but one bigger thing I noticed was I was hit by cannon fire! Let me know if this was present before but I was hit by a blast of wind from one of the cannons, so much so that I assumed a ducked position until I was clear of their range.

Has anyone else noticed this?

texas211
09-26-2015, 06:08 PM
We rode post-refurb yesterday and noticed several subtle changes (candles where there used to be none and other small additions) but one bigger thing I noticed was I was hit by cannon fire! Let me know if this was present before but I was hit by a blast of wind from one of the cannons, so much so that I assumed a ducked position until I was clear of their range.

Too bad they don't mix in the smell sensations technology from Soarin.

dnickels
09-26-2015, 07:29 PM
I remember feeling an air-blast from the canons strong enough to blow off a loosely fitting hat from the past few years so I don't think that's a new effect. You don't get a 'direct' blast very often, so it was probably just one of those things where you hadn't been in the exact right spot at the exact right time before.

brad192
09-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Never experienced a "cannon blast", but I once got a face full of "pirate water" when one of the splash effects near the ship/fort scene went off near our boat! Yuck! :ack:

There is SO much more the Imagineers could do with that ride with modern technology, if only they were given the green light & funding by management. Sigh...

CaptSmee
09-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Nothing new it's happened to me several times (i'm tall). Air cannon blasts and water splashes. Felt them both

CAS
09-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Not to derail the topic, but the most noticeable change to me was the addition to the pirate sitting on the bridge with the hairy dirty leg. His cup and pitcher of rum are now both ablaze with flame. Strange.

Coleby
09-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Not to derail the topic, but the most noticeable change to me was the addition to the pirate sitting on the bridge with the hairy dirty leg. His cup and pitcher of rum are now both ablaze with flame. Strange.

If I remember correctly it was that way before the refurb, I had thought it strange then.

Disnamic Duo
10-02-2015, 09:17 AM
I had my hat blown off once... Just caught it before it went in the water!

LudwigVonDrake
10-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Nothing new: I've felt the blast of air in the past and gotten drenched from cannon ball splashes :pirate:

Terra
10-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Never experienced a "cannon blast", but I once got a face full of "pirate water" when one of the splash effects near the ship/fort scene went off near our boat! Yuck! :ack:

There is SO much more the Imagineers could do with that ride with modern technology, if only they were given the green light & funding by management. Sigh...
And here I thought we don't get wet enough of the ride. You mean you don't like musty water in the face ;)
I agree about more things to be done. I always thought they need a more "rough stormy waters" part. Akin to rapids/waterfalls. Not just the dinky hill.

I have never noticed that part before. Now I'll have to pay better attention [to the rum on fire. I always notice the hairy legs though! :blush:]

forever a child
10-07-2015, 08:29 PM
We rode it last week and I was surprised that the wait times for lines were actually longer than Mine Train!? :confused: