PDA

View Full Version : Pirates soft opening

Wilderness guy
09-26-2015, 10:08 AM
We rode Pirates last night as part of the soft opening. The lighting is definitely improved. Much better in many respects. Not bright, just better. The audio not so much. I really couldn't tell an improvement there. All of the scenes are the same, though several of the characters have new costumes (including the dog at the jail door). This was a soft opening, so it shouldn't be surprising there are still a few bugs. We were stopped a bit over 10 minutes on our ride. Even so, glad for the soft opening and glad to have Pirates open again.

CaptSmee
09-26-2015, 10:46 AM
So same boats that tend to get stuck??

Wilderness guy
09-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Same boats, CaptSmee, but they don't seem to bang into each other as hard - and they don't seem to bang around the tracks as much. Overall, that part of the ride is smoother. I don't know what caused the 10 minute delay. But at least there was no whiplash from the boats backing up.

etibbetts
09-28-2015, 12:05 PM
I sort of rode it during the soft opening on 9/25. We got to the scene where the mermaid skeleton is and got stuck. Boats were all backed up. After about an hour they evacuated us. Definetly and interesting ride on Pirates!

debbymc4
10-18-2015, 07:01 PM
We rode last Friday. No banging boats, but I think mine was leaking. We were in the back row and my feet were wet through my sneakers! I didn't really notice anything different about the attraction.

baldburke
10-18-2015, 07:42 PM
We rode Pirates last night as part of the soft opening. The lighting is definitely improved. Much better in many respects. Not bright, just better. The audio not so much.

I think that's the second time we've heard the audio is not so good. Let's hope they fix it before the official opening. Did I also here that the landing is softer at the drop?

DNS
10-27-2015, 11:01 AM
When is the official opening scheduled?

Speedy1998
10-27-2015, 12:35 PM
. We were stopped a bit over 10 minutes on our ride.

Was the delay at the end, waiting to get off the boat?

joonyer
10-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Looking forward to trying this on our next visit (Spring 2016). Hope all the bugs in the improvements are all ironed out by then.