PDA

View Full Version : Winter Offers released

Tink1
09-24-2015, 08:23 AM
It is currently only for Disney Visa holders and will go to general public on Monday, September 28th

Stay, Play and Dine December 13-19, 2015 and January 2 - March 7, 2016

Room Discount January 2 - April 13, 2016

For SPD - minimum 3 night stay and 2 day tickets

Some resorts are excluded - the usual POFQ, GF and Polynesian Villa's, Little Mermaid rooms and campsites. There may be others but I have not yet seen the fine print.

Rooms Discounts look to be Values 10-15%, Moderates 15-20%, Deluxe 15-25% (again have not seen offer, this is calculated on conversions we have done)

If you are thinking of a Winter trip, contact us today. If you don not have a Disney VIsa we will get you booked first thing Monday morning! AND supporting us, helps pay to keep the lights on at Intercot.

http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/pricing.html

I will update this thread as information evolves.

Nanci

Rekced
09-24-2015, 03:25 PM
I am not familiar with what Stay, Play, and Dine discount is. Can someone give me a quick explanation of what kind of discount that is? These discounts fall in our dates, so trying to see if it is something that would make sense for us.

Thanks,
Dan

Mitzie
09-24-2015, 03:29 PM
I too would like info on the SPD promo. Does anyone know if it is good for the first day of the trip it is good for the duration...

Tink1
09-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Official Verbiage:

Play, Stay, Dine and Save up to $500 on a 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Company room, ticket and dining plan package for a family of four at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels. Plus, don't miss out on this special Cardmember advance booking!

Ask about how you can save even more at select Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts when you call to book.

This special offer includes:
Cardmember advance booking from 9/24/2015–9/27/2015.

A stay at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels most nights 12/13/2015–12/19/2015 and 1/2/2016–3/7/2016.

The Disney Quick Service Dining Plan at select Value Resorts and the Disney Dining Plan at select Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts.

Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets—enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.

This offer becomes available to the general public on
September 28, 2015. Book with your Disney Visa® Card through December 23, 2015.

Savings based on non-discounted price of the same package for 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child in the same room. Number of rooms allocated for these offers is limited. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotions. Advance reservation required. Offer excludes 3-bedroom villas and campsites, Disney's Art of Animation Resort (The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms), Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (Bungalows), Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort and The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Additional exclusion for Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside for 12/13/15-12/19/15. See important details.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-25-2015, 09:16 AM
I too would like info on the SPD promo. Does anyone know if it is good for the first day of the trip it is good for the duration...

Its a package deal, if you check in during the valid promotion period it is good for the duration of your stay.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Here is some context based on my experience with S-P-D package.

We went to WDW back in Jan/Feb of this year on the SPD package offer, similar to the one just released. We were a family of 5 (2 adults, 1 kid over 10 and 2 kids under 10), stayed for 9 night, had base tickets (no hopper) and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Because we were staying at the moderate level, the regular DDP was included with our SPD package. I did an analysis of rack rate, taking room discount only, or booking under SPD. We chose SPD and based on my calculations we saved about 22% off of rack rates when adding up the three price components (lodging-tickets-dining plan). This resulted in about a total savings (against rack rates) of about $1,200.

By comparison, when we went in 2012, using a free DDP package offer, our total savings (again 3 of us viewed as adults for the DDP and 2 as kids) was about $1,800. So the SPD package offer isn't as good value wise as out and out free dining, but it was still better, for us anyway, than just taking the room only discount.

Kaptain Hook
09-28-2015, 04:58 PM
I booked a cabin at Fort Wilderness Feb 15 - 23 about a month ago.
4 adults and 2 kids, 8 day base ticket
Called last night for the Disney Visa offer and the SPD was all gone for the cabins so I asked for the room only discount and that took $527 off.
We prefer to POP for meals anyway so that works out great for us.

140 days and counting!

Arielfan98
09-28-2015, 06:15 PM
Just booked my January trip! So excited :joy: It's been two years since I've been to WDW! Can't wait :mickey:

eeyoremom
09-30-2015, 10:35 AM
It appears to me, that the room only special is regular price on the weekends. Discount is only on the weekdays. Tried various resorts, same result. FQ is included, I have jan reservation for FQ.