PDA

View Full Version : Walker with seat

Katzateer
09-24-2015, 08:09 AM
The walker with wheels and a seat - they seem to move easily like an umbrella stroller. Do they fold up quickly to put on the buses. Are they easy to navigate through the parks?

Looking for a small solution from knee issues and not being able to stand for long periods( like waiting for parades).

magicofdisney
09-24-2015, 08:53 AM
My Mom was having health issues last summer so I purchased her one of these items off Amazon.

Drive Medical Aluminum Rollator Walker Fold Up and Removable Back Support, Padded Seat, 6" Wheels, Green

We never took it to the parks, but she used it locally as needed. It has extremely smooth wheels. The break at the handles is convenient. It you take a look at it on Amazon, you can see that it folds up similar to a stroller. It says you shouldn't sit and roll at the same time, but she was able to do that for short bursts. Under the seat is a small storage area that she loves.

I think this can be an ideal solution for your situation.

Katzateer
09-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Thanks'! :thumbsup: I am thinking parades, fireworks and Epcot is where I will just need it. I can walk but can't carry much and can't stand long periods. Do you think that is considered checked baggage on plane or can they just load it at end of walkway before boarding plane.

kakn7294
09-24-2015, 01:44 PM
Usually medical equipment is loaded with the passenger on the plane but check your airline's webpage for more information.

Disney4us2
09-24-2015, 06:51 PM
That's what I use. The rollators are very easy. For using the bus, I use the ramp and then fold it sort of. They don't fold flat. The wheels just come together. I like the pouch under the seat.

When I flew with one it was easy. I just gate checked it. I would ask for priority boarding go give you time to get settled.
My first one I bought form Walmart for around $90.00 . my new one is from Medicare.

magicofdisney
09-25-2015, 08:52 AM
My Mom was having health issues last summer so I purchased her one of these items off Amazon.

Drive Medical Aluminum Rollator Walker Fold Up and Removable Back Support, Padded Seat, 6" Wheels, Green

We never took it to the parks, but she used it locally as needed. It has extremely smooth wheels. The break at the handles is convenient. It you take a look at it on Amazon, you can see that it folds up similar to a stroller. It says you shouldn't sit and roll at the same time, but she was able to do that for short bursts. Under the seat is a small storage area that she loves.

I think this can be an ideal solution for your situation.

If you copy and paste that description (in green) into an Amazon search, you can find that model for around $73 last time I checked.

I used the wrong word here (in red). Let me clarify and say that there are handle-bar brakes that can make stopping easier.

Disney4us2
09-25-2015, 01:54 PM
That's what I use. The rollators are very easy. For using the bus, I use the ramp and then fold it sort of. They don't cold flat. The wheels just come together. I like the pouch under the seat.

When I flew with .one it was easy. I just hate checked it. I would ask for priority boarding gogive you time to get settled.
My first one I bought form Walmart for aroun $90.00 . my new one is from Medicare.

Lol.... I didn't hate check it. I gate checked it..:blush:

Hammer
09-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Lol.... I didn't hate check it. I gate checked it..:blush:

All auto correct typos have been corrected, Marci :) (it also made "fold flat" into "cold flat" so I took care of that as well).

Disney4us2
09-26-2015, 07:58 AM
All auto correct typos have been corrected, Marci :) (it also made "fold flat" into "cold flat" so I took care of that as well).

Christine, I didn't even notice that one.