PDA

View Full Version : Hanger Bar

bmj721
09-22-2015, 05:53 PM
We will be at WDW in February 2016. My 18 yr old son is interested in eating at the Hanger Bar with us. Will that be possible? He seems to think not, but I have been unable to verify that.

MNNHFLTX
09-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Bars in Florida usually allow minors to eat with their parents in a bar/lounge as long as the sales from food account for at least 50% of their sales. There may also be restrictions on how late it can be--7-9 p.m. is a typical cutoff time.

I would just call or email the Hanger to find out.

Lindslou
03-08-2016, 11:21 AM
What do people think of the Hanger Bar? Worth a visit? I heard it's a small plates type of place. How is the food?

Fangorn
03-08-2016, 11:54 AM
We were there in December. There were several families with small children present, so definitely allowed. We were there from about 7:30pm to just before 9, so if there is a restriction on timing, it's not until 9pm at least. Unless he tries to order a drink, I doubt your 18 yr old will even get a second thought.

It is a small plate place. Food was very good. As were the drinks. It was a nice evening, except we were outside and it was a tad chilly.

Steve

faline
03-08-2016, 02:58 PM
We popped in during our last visit in December. We were lucky enough to catch a table inside (as it was rather chilly that evening). We had just finished dinner so didn't try any of the food but did have a cocktail. It's an interesting place but on the small side!

Lindslou
03-09-2016, 08:22 AM
I think I'll give it a try! The theming looks awesome! Always fun to try something new at the World!

DisneyFan1979
03-16-2016, 12:07 PM
I think it's a really fun spot for any fan of Indiana Jones. Definitely recommend you try to sit inside as there's more interesting things to see.
(Side note, one new bar that does require you to be 21+ to enter is the Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at the Poly.)

Lindslou
03-17-2016, 08:19 AM
I think it's a really fun spot for any fan of Indiana Jones. Definitely recommend you try to sit inside as there's more interesting things to see.
(Side note, one new bar that does require you to be 21+ to enter is the Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at the Poly.)

You read my mind. Trader Sam's is also on our list for this trip. = )

WDW-Deano-Beast
04-03-2016, 09:24 AM
It's worth a stop. It is pretty tight inside but the details in the themeing are worth it. The drinks are good as are the apps. I'll be going back again on my next trip!:marg: :mickey:

VaCamm
04-20-2016, 11:30 AM
The Hangar Bar is terrific! We really loved the theming.... the cocktails were strong... and the food was pretty good too. The bartender we had in December was really fun and helped to make our visit great.

AgentC
04-20-2016, 11:34 AM
I enjoy the Hangar Bar. The atmosphere is terrific. We had a couple of the small plates and they were all quite good.

goofball
05-06-2016, 01:24 PM
I went to the Hangar Bar my last trip and loved it. The drinks were great. We sat outside but the inside has the bulk of the theming. I would definitely return.