PDA

View Full Version : Adding To Your Party

Kplaster
09-21-2015, 05:16 PM
I have never had this issue arise and i'm curious what the easiest solution would be if we need to make changes.

We have booked a package for 4 ppl at POR and we also have a room only reservation. (we like space) We have purchased the dining plan but fingers crossed to get it free. Our friend wants to go with us on the trip with her 2 year old son but wants to wait and see what kind of discounts we can get. (I honestly don't expect an answer until 2 to 3 months in advance.) We just booked our dining yesterday for 4 people since we did not have an answer from her. If we need to add her last min what are our solutions for rooms as well as dining. At this point we would have 4 people on the package deal so from a room perspective we could only add 1 more at POR correct? What about the 2 year old? Also reservations will only be for 4 and I imagine it's rather difficult to change them from 4 to 5.5 people. Is there only choice to eat dinner every night without us?

Any advice is appreciated as i'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this when discounts come out for our travel dates.

Paiges
09-21-2015, 11:00 PM
I needed to add a couple to some of our dining reservations for our recent trip. Our initial reservations were for large groups, so instead of trying to increase our total reservation by 2, I just looked for a reservation for 2 at the same restaurant at the same (or close) time. I was able to get everything I needed before we left, and most restaurants were gracious about seating us together even though we had two separate reservations. I think checking in early helped with this, and I never expected them to seat us together, I just hoped they could. :mickey:

The only problem is that you can't make a second reservation for the same meal online using your account. You can call the dining line and have them make a second one for you - which can result in missing out if someone else snatches up a time before you can get through to them - or you could have your friend make the additional reservation on their account (or you could log in as them and make the reservation on line).

Good luck!

Simba 1
09-22-2015, 05:56 AM
On our last trip, we travelled with 9 people, including a 2 year old. When I made the ADRs, I could book 8 pretty easily, but when I tried 9, there was very limited availability. So I made them for 8 and figured we would sit the toddler on laps if we had to. I was pleasantly surprised that every meal, they were able to accommodate all nine of us. We also met up with a cast member we know and she joined us for a couple diners, which brought our total to ten. Again, with a little extra wait, they had no problem fitting us together. In Le'Cellier, we did end up at two tables of 5 that were very close to each other. We were there in March last year during spring break season, so it was pretty busy.

Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out

magicofdisney
09-22-2015, 09:43 AM
I've needed to add people to dining reservations, last minute, multiple times. What I've found easiest is to add them when we check-in at each restaurant. I've only ever needed to add one or two. As previously mentioned, the restaurants can be most accommodating.

Kplaster
09-22-2015, 09:48 AM
We are going during Spring Break as well so i'm glad to hear you had a positive experience with extras joining since I know Spring Break is a crazy week. I'm also glad to hear Le Cellier worked for you to since we do have reservations there. I'm not sure how accomidating Be Our Guest and The Boathouse are going to be though. I did make later reservations so maybe that will work in our favor. Our schedule is below:

Sat:
Be Our Guest 6:40 PM

Sun:
Rainforest Cafe 6:00 PM

Mon:
The Boathouse 7:00 PM

Tues:
Be Our Guest 12:15 PM
Le Cellier 7:05 PM

Wed:
Via Napoli 11:45 AM
Teppan Edo 6:30 PM