PDA

View Full Version : only fellow Disney fans will understand - ohana in a different context

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-17-2015, 05:48 PM
I read this announcement earlier today, and instantly thought of the Poly ... geesh, does EVERYTHING has to remind me about Disney? :mickey:

Chad Owens New Era Cap and Toque Inspired by 'Ohana'

Toronto Argonauts star receiver Chad Owens and New Era Cap have unveiled his 2015 CFL Player Inspired Series cap and toque.

Both the Snapcap and toque are embroidered with the familiar Argonauts ‘A’ at the forefront. On the rear of both hats is the word “Ohana” which means strength and family in Hawaiian. With the help of his brother-in-law, Paulo Manabe, a tattoo artist in Hawaii, Owens created a unique Hawaiian-style pattern that he printed under brim of his 9Fifty Snapback and then also added to the face of the toque. Local Toronto artist, Jack Dii, helped him perfect the design inside the crown of the hat which pictures a hula dancer at the forefront and the Toronto skyline crowding the background of the frame. In Hawaiian culture the hula dance is symbolic and is used to tell a story. According to Owens, it signifies the journey that he and his teammates have taken to come together in Toronto as well as the story that the Argonauts continue to write this season.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-17-2015, 07:58 PM
That's too funny! But I'll bet that it made you smile.

I think that because Disney is a happy place for our hearts, our minds are waaaayyy too quick to relate something we see, hear and smell to something from our 'second home'.

I smile and like to think of those moments as pixie dust being added to my day. :cloud9:

brad192
09-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Kinda fun when this happens, huh? :mickey:

A few years ago, I was walking with a co-worker down a hall into the office area of the company I was working for. We walked thru the doorway, and I glanced to my right when I noticed three balloons floating above someone's office cube that, from my viewing angle, formed a perfect "Hidden Mickey". :mickey3: I stopped dead in my tracks and exclaimed "Oh wow! It's a Hidden Mickey!" :woohoo: My co-worker, not being a Disney fan & not knowing I was, looked at me like I had grown a second head. :blush:

After a brief explanation of my love for all things Disney and what a "Hidden Mickey" was, he understood, but said something to the effect of "I'm really going to have to keep an eye on you from now on". :rolleyes: After that day, I was the go-to guy for anyone working there who had a question about Disney, or wanted help in planning their trip to WDW. :encore:

Just shows that you gotta take that addiction, run with it, and own it! :thumbsup: