PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room?

waymickey
09-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Anyone have the experience of staying in one of the Royal Rooms at POR? We are going after Christmas and wanted to know the good and the not so good about the resort. I have never been there but I got a deal on the room.

Thank you!

Strmchsr
09-17-2015, 12:24 PM
If you have your own car, the royal rooms are great. My boys even enjoyed them a lot. They aren't too "girly" so everyone can enjoy them. The only downside is they tend to be a pretty good walk from the food court and main area if that is important to you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-17-2015, 12:34 PM
We enjoyed the Royal Rooms. They are pretty, but not over the top. We had a room right near the bridge, but it is a bit of a walk (like Chris says) to the main building and food court.

There is a quiet pool close-by, no shade (just a rectangular pool), but it works.

My only real complaint is the lack of ceiling fan ... otherwise we loved them.

waymickey
09-18-2015, 08:12 AM
I will have a car but wanted to use buses, I guess I will have to see how it goes. Which bus stop is closer to the Royal rooms the east or south?
How is the food?
I have a garden view room and was hoping to be in Oak Manor because it seems that is closer to some of the main areas. Is that view possible in that particular building?

Thanks again

Strmchsr
09-18-2015, 10:27 AM
My family had to use the buses one day when I was teaching at a conference. The bus stop wasn't too far of a walk but it was one of the last stops at POR so the bus was usually full. I would recommend making the extra walk to the front to catch the bus.

The Food Court is pretty nice. Standard stuff for the resort food courts.

debbymc4
10-18-2015, 07:15 PM
It is by far our favorite moderate resort. We stayed in the Royal Room, and our building was near the bridge so the food building didn't seem far at all. Loved the grounds and the watching the boats go by from the window of our room. We enjoyed the restaurants as well.

Brooklynos
10-19-2015, 02:01 PM
We stayed in a royal room in January and booked another one for next January. They feel more royal and expensive than a standard room with all the magical touches (my daughter loved that the carpet from Aladdin was on the ground sewn into the carpet). Well worth the money. We had maybe a 5-7 minute walk to the main bus stop and food. We considered it a nice stroll in the mornings and not too far to fill our mugs up at night. Plus the movie on the lawn plays in one of the royal room building courtyards so it was nice and close for us to enjoy.

You will love it and it feels like royal treatment at a moderate for sure!

Genie1953
10-24-2015, 02:14 AM
I will have a car but wanted to use buses, I guess I will have to see how it goes. Which bus stop is closer to the Royal rooms the east or south?
How is the food?
I have a garden view room and was hoping to be in Oak Manor because it seems that is closer to some of the main areas. Is that view possible in that particular building?

Thanks again

We LOVE Oak Manor. That is always our building of choice. It is maybe a 5 minute walk over to the main building across a bridge...not bad at all. We have had a garden view room before and it is a very peaceful view. We have also had a river view as well which was really nice. We usually try to get a king room on a corner because they have 2 windows in them. The last time we stayed there we had a river view out the front window and a garden view out the side window. Best of both worlds! We always stay at Port Orleans Riverside when on Disney vacation and we especially enjoy the boat ride to Downtown Disney. We sometimes just get on the boat and take it to Downtown Disney and then stay on and take it back to Riverside. It is a very relaxing ride.