PDA

View Full Version : Andy’s Room From ‘Toy Story’ In Magic Kingdom?

John
09-17-2015, 11:39 AM
From: http://www.inquisitr.com/2414846/walt-disney-world-may-be-building-andys-room-from-toy-story-in-magic-kingdom/#utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=postplanner&utm_source=twitter.com

The Walt Disney Company has a lot going on right now with the recent reveal of Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, and so much more. Well, it looks as if they aren’t quite done. A recent permit filed shows a project being done at Walt Disney World that is simply titled “Andy’s Room,” and could end up being something from Toy Story going into Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.

A permit was just recently filed by the Walt Disney World Resort and it’s for some work to be done in Tomorrowland. The project is titled “Andy’s Room,” and Disney fans know that is the child that was the focus of the Toy Story franchise.

Per the Orange County Comptroller, the documents show a very large area that is over 15,000 square feet and it appears to be where the old Tomorrowland Arcade once operated. It was in a location next to Space Mountain and was closed months ago.

cer
09-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Hmmm.

I'm not sure how Andy's room fits in Tomorrowland, but ok, I guess. :confused:

Just please don't remove the TTA. That is all.

cer
09-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Ok -still not sure how it fits thematically, but I will say I am glad they are not letting that building/space remain empty and that is a good thing.

Again, please do not remove the TTA. If there is any chance that someone out there is thinking it, just don't.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Hmm ... I agree with the PP, I don't see how this would fit ... maybe a Buzz Lightyear tie-in?

It sounds neat, could be fun, kinda like the old Mickey and Minnie houses, and I'm happy whenever they don't just leave empty space.

BrerGnat
09-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Bet it will be a gift shop.

cer
09-17-2015, 04:15 PM

I think you are definitely on to something. :secret:

Fangorn
09-17-2015, 04:22 PM
It could just be a code name and have no real connection to Toy Story at all.

But whatever it is, there WILL be an obligatory gift shop!

Steve

brad192
09-17-2015, 04:26 PM
That's a lot of space that could be better utilized.

Here's an idea Imagineers - how about something NEW and DIFFERENT that actually fits the theme of TOMORROWLAND, instead of re-treading a 20 year old movie franchise & calling it "new" and "exciting". :shake:

Much as I like the Toy Story movies, I think perhaps the creative mojo has been either left behind, or stifled by the corporate 'droids that think only in terms of profits for themselves & the stockholders. :angry:

OK, I'll get down off my soapbox now... :soapbox: (I crank because I care!)

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-17-2015, 06:32 PM

:woohoo: That's what I've always wanted! ANOTHER gift shop. But, you're probably right.

DizneyFreak2002
09-17-2015, 07:39 PM
I believe this is a mechanical permit, I.E. HVAC work.. And I don't believe this is the Tomorrowland Arcade... I believe this is actually the Buzz Lightyear show building...

texas211
09-17-2015, 11:10 PM
Ok -still not sure how it fits thematically, but I will say I am glad they are not letting that building/space remain empty and that is a good thing.

Again, please do not remove the TTA. If there is any chance that someone out there is thinking it, just don't.

Since when does that stop them from anything? Monsters Inc, Frozen anything

Septbride2002
09-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Meet and Greet for toy story characters?

Polynesian Dweller
09-18-2015, 03:29 PM
I believe this is a mechanical permit, I.E. HVAC work.. And I don't believe this is the Tomorrowland Arcade... I believe this is actually the Buzz Lightyear show building...

You are correct. There are other sites with much more detailed drawings and the area being worked on is the last two rooms of Buzz Lightyear. It is HVAC and mechanical work and nothing to do with show elements. The round area in the drawing is Monsters Inc.

Exactly why they call it Andy's room is anyone's guess but the permit is for fairly boring work and nothing new.

DNS
09-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Hmmm.

I'm not sure how Andy's room fits in Tomorrowland, but ok, I guess. :confused:

Just please don't remove the TTA. That is all.

:D Same here. Might be silly, but it's a must do every time we go.

grumpy78
10-13-2015, 12:59 PM
I figured the new "Miles from Tomorrowland" show on Disney Jr would result in a new attraction in Tomorrowland...

DizneyRox
10-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Here's an idea Imagineers - how about something NEW and DIFFERENT that actually fits the theme of TOMORROWLAND, instead of re-treading a 20 year old movie franchise & calling it "new" and "exciting". :shake:
In fairness to the Imagineers, I believe that WDW would have to contract with Imagineering to design something. Rarely is something shoved down the throat of TDO from HO, not that Imagineering is HO either. It works very much like any other business. One department wants something from another, they fund the project with their budget.

The problem is 100% TDO.

brad192
10-14-2015, 10:22 AM
In fairness to the Imagineers, I believe that WDW would have to contract with Imagineering to design something. Rarely is something shoved down the throat of TDO from HO, not that Imagineering is HO either. It works very much like any other business. One department wants something from another, they fund the project with their budget.

The problem is 100% TDO.

Yes, of course you are right! :yes: In my original post I did however sight that it was perhaps the stifling of corporate management (TDO) that was holding the Imagineers back from utilizing their full creative potential. The Imagineers have all sorts of great ideas, but getting the profit-driven TDO management to buy into them & fund them is a long-standing struggle. Maybe someday they'll realize that quarterly earnings reports aren't more important than Guest satisfaction.