PDA

View Full Version : Pop Secret has become the official popcorn of Walt Disney World and Disneyland

Hammer
09-16-2015, 02:49 PM
From the Orlando Sentinel

Pop Secret has become the official popcorn of Walt Disney World and Disneyland

Its producer, Diamond Foods, announced Tuesday it has entered into a "strategic alliance agreement" with Disney.

Pop Secret popcorn will be sold in carts at the theme parks. The Pop Secret brand will also become the title sponsor of the nightly Fantasmic! Show at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It also plans to sponsor movie nights held at many of Disney's resort hotels.

Diamond Foods plans to advertise on Disney-owned channels like ABC Family and the Disney Channel. Retail promotions, on-pack sweepstakes and digital content creation are all ways in which Pop Secret expects to work with Disney.

Katzateer
09-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Don't like them messing with the popcorn- it was perfect the way it was!

Besides, I' m an Indiana girl and the Orville Redenbocker popcorn was fine.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Is Pop Secret any good?

I don't think we have them up here, but I love popcorn, so I hope they haven't switched to something that isn't as good.

Hammer
09-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Is Pop Secret any good?

I don't think we have them up here, but I love popcorn, so I hope they haven't switched to something that isn't as good.
I actually have begun to prefer Pop Secret to Orville Redenbacher over the last few years, though I am comparing the microwave popcorn offerings of both. Pop Secret seems to pop better in the microwave. I'll make it a point to perform a taste test when I am there the first week of November ;) !

I am encouraged that Disney is getting back to developing new corporate sponsor agreements, first with TCM sponsoring the Great Movie Ride and now Diamond Foods with Fantasmic and resort movies. Now we just need to have them cultivate some sponsorships for Epcot!

Jeany031
09-17-2015, 12:39 PM
I actually have begun to prefer Pop Secret to Orville Redenbacher over the last few years, though I am comparing the microwave popcorn offerings of both. Pop Secret seems to pop better in the microwave. I'll make it a point to perform a taste test when I am there the first week of November ;) !

I am encouraged that Disney is getting back to developing new corporate sponsor agreements, first with TCM sponsoring the Great Movie Ride and now Diamond Foods with Fantasmic and resort movies. Now we just need to have them cultivate some sponsorships for Epcot! yes! Now we need a new Sponsor for EPCOT!

PirateLover
09-18-2015, 04:40 PM
I absolutely love Disney popcorn- it tastes so much better than at-home Orville Redenbacher. My hope is that Disney has their own oils/butter and that it's really just a replacement of kernel brand that won't taste all that different. :popcorn:

BrerGnat
09-18-2015, 06:31 PM
I absolutely love Disney popcorn- it tastes so much better than at-home Orville Redenbacher. My hope is that Disney has their own oils/butter and that it's really just a replacement of kernel brand that won't taste all that different. :popcorn:

It is just a replacement of the kernels. Orville Redenbacher actually stopped being the sponsor a few years ago. Generic kernels have been used since then.

texas211
09-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Or we might just see a bunch of microwave bags in a case :)