PDA

View Full Version : Singles

monkeycity
09-11-2015, 11:08 AM
So... I find myself in a new situation. I recently relocated here to Florida. My first 'major' purchase was, of course, an annual pass, and I'm proud to say I've been to WDW more times in the past few weeks than I have in the past several years. :mickey: I've had to go alone, which is fine for the most part, because I have no family here and I'm still working on making friends. I have some acquaintances, but we're not at that, "Hey, let's go to Disney together" stage in our relationship.

When I do go, which has usually been Friday or Sunday evenings, I've had dinner in the parks. While I've enjoyed the walk up service of Pecos Bill's, Pinocchio's Village Haus, La Cantina de San Angel, the Harambe Market, and the like, I would sometimes like a nice dinner in a sit-down restaurant where someone waits on me. Maybe a little indulgent...

Here's my issue be it ever so slight. I'm doing all of this alone. It'd be awesome to have someone to enjoy this with, but until that happens, I'm going solo. Would it be too weird to make reservations at, say, BOG, or even the castle, when I'm showing up by myself? I mean, I realize that every guest has a right to enjoy Disney just as much as the next person or group, but you know that sometimes at certain restaurants out in the real world it does feel awkward. Any suggestions on which restaurants in which parks would be better?

I think that's all for now...

GoBlueLacheta
09-11-2015, 11:25 AM
I go out alone quite often and have done Disney alone as well. Some people can't do it as they have told me so when I tell them, but do whatever you want to do and go to whatever restaurant you want to go to. Personally, I wouldn't do any character experiences alone but that's just me. Enjoy the different offerings, with Food and Wine coming up, it's a great time to meander and walk around World Showcase and try a plethora of different food without the stigma of sitting alone if you're worried about that.

Enjoy the parks and experiences the way you see fit, don't let any fear of appearances or proverbial stepping on toes impact how you live your life in any facet.

TheDuckRocks
09-11-2015, 11:49 AM
My 50-something single son always stays a few extra days at WDW after the rest of the family leaves and does solo TS meals with no problem. A few trips ago I was on my own for lunch on arrival day when my hubby went to get people from the airport. I wanted peace and quite and not CS. I went to Sanaa at AKL and was seated promptly, had an excellent waitress who explained the menu with suggestions, the food was wonderful and most of all I didn't feel the slightest bit out of place.

Tinky-Bell
09-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Would it be too weird to make reservations at, say, BOG, or even the castle, when I'm showing up by myself?

Good lord, no! And by that, I mean that I refuse to be labeled as weird! I've been going solo and making solo reservations since 1986. I do go to group meets every once in a while and about once or twice a year I meet up with a friend or two and have a party of more than one for dinner or lunch or whatever.

But I've never felt lonely at WDW. It's practically impossible! :mickey:

Nora

Disney4us2
09-11-2015, 03:34 PM
I live just 10 miles from the park. Sometimes I dine at table service while my DD is in school. Not very often, and usually picking out someplace she wouldn't feel bad about missing. I wouldn't worry about going solo.

faline
09-11-2015, 06:31 PM
You can try going to some of the restaurants that have shared tables such as Biergarten. You also have the possibility of dining as the bar at places like the Wave.

magicofdisney
09-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I've done Kona at the Polynesian alone. That was perfect for me. I think I'd also enjoy dining at The Plaza, in MK, solo. I'm not much of a character-dining fan.

MO-5
09-11-2015, 09:51 PM
It's too bad that we can't have an area on the website dedicated to Intercot Singles. I absolutely understand why that is...just wishing that it could be different. I've met so many great people here....Love all the Intercotees!

- Jim