PDA

View Full Version : DisneyQuest attractions rumor- going to Epcot??

Lizzy
09-09-2015, 07:13 PM
A girl at work who heard from her cousin came running up to me (I am the office Disney person that people love to tell me any and all rumours they hear- and yes I love it) she said that her cousin told her that some of the DisneyQuest attractions like the build your coaster and some others that she couldn't remember would be moved to Epcot when DisneyQuest closes.

I never heard this rumor before, and I don't think it's true, but what do they plan to do with the stuff in DisneyQuest? My kids and I always loved the pirate boat battle. The Disney Infinity PotC Playset reminds me of it a lot and thought why not add some fun to Innoventions? It seems like the only likely area of Epcot they would go to in this far fetched idea. But wondered if anyone else heard this?

BrerGnat
09-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Innoventions already has a build your own coaster attraction. It is called Sum of All Thrills.

Lizzy
09-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Obviously I havent wondered in there very often, actually in years. Can you ride it like the one at DisneyQuest?

BrerGnat
09-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Obviously I havent wondered in there very often, actually in years. Can you ride it like the one at DisneyQuest?

Yep. It's a robotic arm with a pod attached. It is actually much better than the DQ one.

John
09-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Well, half of innoventions is shuttered at this point... wouldn't surprise me. Heck put some of it in the upstairs of Imagination..... Recycle/Reuse/Refurb.

AgentC
09-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Well, half of innoventions is shuttered at this point... wouldn't surprise me. Heck put some of it in the upstairs of Imagination..... Recycle/Reuse/Refurb.

It is so sad in there. It was bad enough when Piggy Bank closed and those wall went up but when we went in this weekend, the only thing open on that side is the Disney Visa character meet and the ancient video games. Anything would be a problem.

Fangorn
09-10-2015, 12:41 AM
I can't really see them moving anything to Epcot, although it would be a tad ironic: most of the technology that is in DQ started out as ideas and demonstrations in...

Wait for it...

Innoventions

Steve

Giggy
09-10-2015, 07:19 PM
If they did that and saved the Pirates' Battle for Buccaneer Gold I would be very pleased. :mickey:

GoBlueLacheta
09-11-2015, 11:59 AM
The problem with technology based attractions is that technology can become quickly antiquated and shocking that place called innoventions would actually have to be innovative. Once again like I mentioned in another forum I believe the sponsor contracts all ran out and they are probably still deciding or trying to obtain new sponsorships, they've obtained one so far.

Like mentioned the robotic arms on Sum are better than the one at DQ. Most of those things will probably go in arcades at various resorts and/or liquifying much of the assets completely. The larger Innoventions exhibits outside various meet and greets will likely have to be underwrote by corporations so I don't see Pirates Battle for Buccaneer Gold sponsored by JP Morgan Chase coming around.

texas211
09-12-2015, 05:37 PM
NOOOOOO

Let DQ die! It's like renaming a boat. Can't do it, unless you wipe out every trace of the old. Let DQ and all of its antiquated horribleness die. Let it be wiped from every pillar, from every scroll, and never be spoken of again. So let it be said, so let it be done. Nothing there deserves to live on.

Fangorn
09-12-2015, 07:02 PM
NOOOOOO

Let DQ die! It's like renaming a boat. Can't do it, unless you wipe out every trace of the old. Let DQ and all of its antiquated horribleness die. Let it be wiped from every pillar, from every scroll, and never be spoken of again. So let it be said, so let it be done. Nothing there deserves to live on.

So. How do you really feel? :D

Fear the Frog!
Steve

MrPeetrie
09-12-2015, 08:14 PM
NOOOOOO

I love this post, Yul!

Tekneek
09-13-2015, 07:08 AM
The state of Innoventions is a sign of off-the-rails the entire Epcot park is. The exhibit hall for tomorrow is anything but that in practice. Take a look at the Innoventions website sometime. It is rather stunning that a company like Disney is incapable of having those areas packed with a waiting list of ideas and concepts stretching into the years. They don't have the will to find a way.

texas211
09-14-2015, 08:32 PM
The state of Innoventions is a sign of off-the-rails the entire Epcot park is. The exhibit hall for tomorrow is anything but that in practice. Take a look at the Innoventions website sometime. It is rather stunning that a company like Disney is incapable of having those areas packed with a waiting list of ideas and concepts stretching into the years. They don't have the will to find a way.

I wish they'd at least save the Walt attraction and put it there. Or do something like Stark Industries like at Disneyland. But you are right, should have a list in waiting. At least they aren't putting another frozen something in.