PDA

View Full Version : Oct or Nov For heat and rain

johnw
09-06-2015, 12:36 PM
We have scheduled Sept 3 rd week in 2016 but of course by looking al all the weather charts and almanacs for weather in the Orlando and talking to others we might push it to Oct or Nov due to he heat and rain amounts. From what I saw Oct goes down 5 degrees about in oct on the average and rain amounts cut in half. We're not to worried if were swimming in 75 degree or 80 in the pools as that's a heat wave in MI. Any major events or gatherings any one can let me know those two months? Our daughter will be 8 at the time we go and she's been in 93 degree heat but nothing like what's in Florida. I want her to be able to enjoy her time instead of getting heat stroke. I appreciate you time. John in MI

faline
09-06-2015, 02:20 PM
There always seems to be something going on at Disney these days!! October is typically a pleasant month to visit, weatherwise, though it is still possible to have some heat and humidity during this time as well. November certainly tends to be a bit cooler and dryer. In October, you'll have the Food and Wine festival which increases crowds. November brings Jersey days (around Veterans Day) and the Thanksgiving holiday.

Strmchsr
09-07-2015, 08:41 PM
October really has gotten pretty crowded. But, from a weather perspective, October is actually one of the driest months (other than it's still in hurricane season). The daily pop up storms become fewer in October. It can still be pretty warm, but it's generally cooler than September. November will definitely be cooler (though you can have hot snaps in WDW just about year round, but they would generally be brief in November). The rain issue in November is different. It switches from the daily threat of the pop up storms to more of a cold front threat. So while you could have plenty of sunny days in November, if a front moved through you could also have a day or two of rain as opposed to the hour or two of rain you would see in September with the sea breeze variety storm. I'd take the cooler weather any day, though.

AgentC
09-08-2015, 10:15 AM
This is a hard one for me. I actually really like September for visits. We go in Sept almost every year. It is still hot and there is a chance of bad weather but most of the the time the lower crowds offset that for me. You also have the start of F&W plus all the Halloween stuff in Sept.

October does start to get cooler but not that cool. My kids are usually still in shorts in October. Of course sometimes it gets cool early so it is variable. It used to be one of our favorite times to go to WDW but as Chris said it has gotten pretty crowded. MNSSHP is a big draw and F&W weekends at EPCOT can make Saturdays and Sundays in the World Showcase miserable.

November is a bit of a mixed bag. We've have Novembers with beautiful weather and Novembers with a sudden cold streak. In general I find the weather in November to be nice. If you stay away from Thanksgiving and Veteran's Day o, crowds are not bad. You have a chance to catch the end of F&W in early November plus the possibility of the Christmas party.

If temperature and crowds are your most important considerations, I would pick November. If you think you can handle the heat, Sept would be my choice over October simply because of the crowd factor.

joonyer
09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
October is a great month at WDW, weather wise. Generally cooler so you aren't miserably sweaty with the heat and humidity, but still plenty warm enough to enjoy the pools and water parks.