PDA

View Full Version : ADRs - What should I book?!

jennsky
09-05-2015, 08:29 AM
First timer to Disneyland here! We are a week away from being able to book dining reservations. Where should we book? I DEFINITELY want The Blue Bayou, but besides that, do you have any more recommendations? We are a party of 8 - 4 adults and 4 kids (ages 6-11). :confused::blush:

VWL Mom
09-05-2015, 07:16 PM
If you want to do a character breakfast we enjoyed Storyteller's Cafe at The Grand Californian. Our best dinner, hands down, was Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, it's priced similar to Yachtsmen.

tinkwest
09-06-2015, 11:49 AM
We really like Carthay Circle Restaurant. We've been happy with the food and enjoy the atmosphere. Usually when we eat there we use it as our World of Color Fastpass Dining because, in our opinion, those Fastpasses have one of the very best viewing locations. Don't know if the kids would appreciate the restaurant enough for what it costs.

There are so many great quick service choices that we don't usually bother with many reservations for dining. We usually visit with a very unstructured agenda.

BrerGnat
09-06-2015, 05:46 PM
We really like Carthay Circle Restaurant. We've been happy with the food and enjoy the atmosphere. Usually when we eat there we use it as our World of Color Fastpass Dining because, in our opinion, those Fastpasses have one of the very best viewing locations. Don't know if the kids would appreciate the restaurant enough for what it costs.

There are so many great quick service choices that we don't usually bother with many reservations for dining. We usually visit with a very unstructured agenda.

Agree with all of this.

BrowncatP
09-07-2015, 07:58 PM
I agree with Tinkwest, the Carthay Circle dining WOC viewing location is good. Much better than the Wine Country Trattoria WOC reserved area. The Wine Country is right at the waters edge and you will get wet.

Carol
09-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Ditto on the WOC package at Carthay Circle. I would also recommend lunch as opposed to dinner. Breakfast at Steakhouse 55 is also a must do for us. The restaurant screams Walt.

Carnation Cafe is another great place to eat breakfast. I highly recommend the new buffet at Paradise Pier. It was very reasonably priced with different options from the norm. Storytellers is a great place for dinner too. (We order from the menu, not the buffet). The Jazz Kitchen is always a good choice as well.

Edit to add;
Don't miss the BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch. It's a great meal and its going away in January to accommodate Star Wars Land.

Have fun.