H - Just turned 2 in June

Our friends
Kelsey
John
J - Turned 2 in March

My parents
John
Mary

Today our plan was to hit Hollywood Studios. Kelsey, John and J would have liked to be there for rope drop (they’re early risers). Truth be told, on past trips I would have done the same thing despite not remotely being a morning person, but on my last trip I learned the pleasure that was getting a little bit more sleep on a Disney trip, plus neither Joe or H are morning people, either. We settled for meeting for the buses at 8:30.

We got into the park and head towards Disney Junior Live on Stage. Definitely going to be a first for this group. We had a few minutes before our Fastpass, so we explored the store nearby and H expressed his interest in getting something Doc McStuffins (or as he said “Doc’n Stuffins”).

Walking back out we saw Doc herself and decided to give characters a try. At one point H had been fearless but recently he was starting to get the typical two year old development of hesitation about some things, so I wasn’t sure how he was going to do. I expected at the very least to have to go over with him, but H surprised me by trotting right over to Doc when it was our turn and snuggling in close to her for some pictures. This was the first of many very fun character interactions. Afterwards we went into Disney Junior Live on Stage and ended up getting front row “seats”. I get the idea of all sitting on the floor, but I could see how later in the day it might be difficult for parents to get up and down ;-). Joe and I thought this was a very cute production and loved the concept of the set with the turning pages. H loved the music throughout and was up and dancing in front of me for a huge portion of the show.

We took a walk through the park waiting for our Fastpass for Toy Story and then went for a ride. Joe most definitely beat me, but in my defense, I was letting H shoot ;-). When we got off Toy Story and went to pick up the strollers we past several CMs, one of whom was using a hula hoop. H and J enjoyed watching her for a few moments and then they wanted to give it a try. H tried by himself at first, but then J joined him and they turned it in a circles.

Lunch was at the ABC Commissary. The lines were ridiculously long. Kelsey and Joe took the kids to find a table while John and I stayed and ordered. My Asian salad with salmon was delicious and Joe enjoyed his sriracha surf and turf burger. We shared the two desserts that Kelsey and John had gotten with their meal plan (the Olaf carrot cake was amazing) while J fell asleep. After lunch we head to the old Legend of Jack Sparrow which has been closed, but has the front room open with low lighting, benches along the walls, great a/c and a table in the center with coloring pages and colored pencils. H colored with Joe while J slept and the rest of us took a much needed cool off rest.

When the kids (and us) were refreshed, we were off for the Frozen Singalong. Another thing we probably wouldn’t have done if it hadn’t been for the kids. I’m so happy that we did it. I genuinely enjoyed the movie and the music, so I enjoyed that aspect of it (even if they don’t do my favorite song from the movie) but also, the two cast members who play the historians are hysterical.

After the singalong, we went back to the hotel, got some drinks from Mara and went up to our respective rooms. We watched the animals out the windows by the elevator for a while and then brought H back to the room for a nap. Joe hung out in the room with H while I went to John, Kelsey and J’s room to do a load of laundry (and take advantage of their savannah view). When H got up we went down to the lobby to wait for my parents’ Magical Express bus to arrive. We hadn’t really talked with H much about the fact that Grammie and Granpa were joining us, so he was excited and surprised to see them.

The five of us had dinner reservations at Boma (Kelsey, John and J had eaten there earlier in the evening). We were disappointed to learn that some items are switched out on a rotating basis and that we would not have the coconut rice and even more disappointed that they did not have the carrot ginger soup, which is one of my favorite things ever. Boma is a definite family favorite, however, and we were very pleased with our meal, overall.

Next up: Magic Kingdom

faline
09-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Another nice day - it must be really fun to see the World through the eyes of a couple of 2 year olds!!

emerzmom
09-28-2015, 03:41 PM
It sounds like a great day in DHS.
:tiink:
Julie