Us
Jen
Joe
H - Just turned 2 in June

Our friends
Kelsey
John
J - Turned 2 in March

Up earlyish to finish packing and check out. H was excited to go and shouted out “Let’s go Didney Wurld!” I was lucky enough to catch it on video so I could send it to Grammie and Granpa, timed to arrive when their flight landed the next day.

We brought the rental car back to the airport (forgetting to fill it up and having to take a detour to find a gas station…at literally double the cost of gas back near the hotel…whoops) and made our way towards Magical Express. Checking in with the Magic Band made it very easy and we didn’t have to wait long for a bus. We made quick stops at Art of Animation and Pop Century and then arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jambo House. We had not done the online check in, but there was no wait at the check in desk and we were lucky enough that despite it only being just after 12:00 our room was ready for us. From the time we got onto the Magical Express bus to the time we were in our room was under an hour and fifteen minutes. We were staying in a DVC standard view studio as a friend had gifted us some of her points to use for this trip.

H was exhausted, so we put him down for a nap and sat on the balcony overlooking the pool with some coffee for a while. A quick lunch of snacks from Mara, including an incredible peanut butter frosted brownie, and we met up with Kelsey, John and J and checked out their room and view (they had a Savannah view 1 bedroom).

Dinner plans that night had us at Biergarten. Kelsey and John had eaten there on their last trip, but it was a brand new experience for the rest of us. We made our way to Germany, checked in for dinner and were seated fairly quickly. The band was playing when we were seated and Henry enjoyed listening to them. The buffet was delicious and we had fun exploring some new flavors. One of the really fun things of this trip was that H was willing to try pretty much everything we gave him a bite of and he discovered some new flavors that he really liked (including the warm red cabbage and the sauerkraut). As we were wrapping up dinner, the band came back on and H asked to go down and dance, so he and I hit the dance floor and he danced for the entire set.

Afterwards we strolled around the World Showcase, stopping in China to window shop and in Norway to pick up School Bread for Joe and I to bring back to the room. We went to Mexico and went on H’s first ride of our trip: He had watched what he termed the “Donald Ride” several times on YouTube prior to our trip and as soon as he saw the pyramid, he got quite excited. Luckily the ride lived up to his expectations. J was a little nervous, so I pulled out a glow bracelet I’d gotten at Target and that helped. H, of course, also wanted one, and then I noticed the 8ish year old girl in front of us watching them, and as we were getting off the ride, I offered her one of her own. The grin and watching her walk away playing with it was definitely worth it. :-)

We got some margaritas and caught a few minutes of Illuminations and then head back to the hotel. We stopped at the store for a bottle of wine and some water to keep in the room and H had a great conversation with one of the managers.

Returning to our room, we found a surprise for H, a personalized backpack filled with Mickey Ears, a Mickey and Friends coloring book, cool crayons, and some Mickey snacks from Grammie and Granpa. H got a kick out of opening it up and even though it was really late we let him color for a little bit before bed.

Next up: Hollywood Studios.

faline
09-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Terrific start to the Disney portion of your trip!! Animal Kingdom Lodge is such a nice resort. I'll bet your son had a great time there!

snowflakegirl
09-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Terrific start to the Disney portion of your trip!! Animal Kingdom Lodge is such a nice resort. I'll bet your son had a great time there!
He loved it! We spent a lot of time at the windows by the elevators because he had to check everytime we left or came home to see if there "animals out there" or "no animals out there". There was a lot of oohing whenever he saw something and wanting to know exactly what it was for the things he couldn't already ifentify.

NJGIRL
09-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Nice report!

emerzmom
09-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a great start on your trip!
:tink:
Julie