PDA

View Full Version : Kiss Goodnight

momof3+twins
08-24-2015, 08:47 AM
How long after closing is the Kiss Goodnight?

Tink1
08-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Usually around 30 minutes after close. But ask a cast member to be sure.

Nanc

Main Street Jim
08-24-2015, 09:11 PM
If I recall correctly it was about 45 minutes, and then again at an hour and fifteen minutes, and two hours. Yes, people are still in the parks... :)

Altair
08-25-2015, 06:36 AM
If I recall correctly it was about 45 minutes, and then again at an hour and fifteen minutes, and two hours. Yes, people are still in the parks... :)

At what point do they make you leave and what is the process? :mickey:

faline
08-25-2015, 06:55 AM

The begin closing off access to various areas of the park so that you can't wander back into the back - thus funneling folks closer and closer to the exits.

Main Street Jim
08-25-2015, 06:20 PM

They begin closing off access to various areas of the park so that you can't wander back into the back - thus funneling folks closer and closer to the exits.Correct. Security never "officially" "kicks anyone out of the park" after the "official" closing time.

Stick around EPCOT's World Showcase Lagoon one night after Illuminations to see what happens...

DizneyFreak2002
08-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Stick around EPCOT's World Showcase Lagoon one night after Illuminations to see what happens...
Burn off goes BOOM...

CanadaLovesDisney
08-27-2015, 09:52 PM
TWO HOURS after closing!? WOW
Buses run up to an hour after closing? Or do they keep going? We have never stuck around to find out. We went to a park once 30 mins before close. Felt kinda ridiculous but we really wanted to pick something up for a snack and it was our last night!

faline
08-28-2015, 08:25 AM
TWO HOURS after closing!? WOW
Buses run up to an hour after closing? Or do they keep going? We have never stuck around to find out. We went to a park once 30 mins before close. Felt kinda ridiculous but we really wanted to pick something up for a snack and it was our last night!

Buses continue to run until the park is totally clear of all guests. If you are one of the last ones out of the park, you might find there is only one bus waiting that will service any/all of the resorts of passengers on board rather than buses for each specific resort.

denygold
08-31-2015, 03:29 PM
I tried to be last guest out of Magic Kingdom one night after midnight closing- finally gave up at 1:45 (there were still a few people in stores on Main St). When I got to bus area- they asked me where I was going and a bus pulled up about three minutes later to take just me to Coronado Springs.
I will look forward to trying to hang out and see burn off at Epcot this December!

BIGDOG
09-03-2015, 01:54 PM
what is burn off?

PopPhan
09-03-2015, 02:10 PM
what is burn off?

After Illuminations, all the left over gas on the barge that was not used during the spectacle is burnt off in one big blast. This clears the barge to be safely moved back to the prep area to be made ready for the next evening show.

Main Street Jim
09-03-2015, 11:10 PM
After Illuminations, all the left over gas on the barge that was not used during the spectacle is burnt off in one big blast. This clears the barge to be safely moved back to the prep area to be made ready for the next evening show.....And it's pretty impressive to see :)

MrPeetrie
09-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the fireworks at night's end was "Kiss Goodnight."

If that's not it, what is please?

Main Street Jim
09-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the fireworks at night's end was "Kiss Goodnight."

If that's not it, what is please?The fireworks at Magic Kingdom is called "Wishes", usually shown before the park closes.

The "Kiss Goodnight" is a short light show at/on the Castle, and a brief "Thanks for coming, to all of our guests, etc." announcement at the *very end* of the night at park closing and shortly afterward.

MrPeetrie
09-10-2015, 09:39 AM
The fireworks at Magic Kingdom is called "Wishes", usually shown before the park closes.

The "Kiss Goodnight" is a short light show at/on the Castle, and a brief "Thanks for coming, to all of our guests, etc." announcement at the *very end* of the night at park closing and shortly afterward.

Oh. Thanks. I was confused because, a few years back I was watching on the Travel Channel a program called "Walt Disney World: Behind the Scenes" and on that show, they had Managing Producer, Walt Disney Entertainment, John Haupt, talking about Illuminations. He said, "Hopefully, It (Illuminations) is the last thing they see and what we've always called our 'Kiss Goodnight.'" I thought that WAS the kiss goodnight. I never knew there was something else.

Main Street Jim
09-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Oh. Thanks. I was confused because, a few years back I was watching on the Travel Channel a program called "Walt Disney World: Behind the Scenes" and on that show, they had Managing Producer, Walt Disney Entertainment, John Haupt, talking about Illuminations. He said, "Hopefully, It (Illuminations) is the last thing they see and what we've always called our 'Kiss Goodnight.'" I thought that WAS the kiss goodnight. I never knew there was something else.OK, at EPCOT, it's something totally different. What I described was at Magic Kingdom.

There's something more to see *after* Illuminations/park close at EPCOT; see the previous posts about the Inferno barge "burn-off"....

MrPeetrie
09-10-2015, 11:17 PM
I just read that post today. When we are there next week, I will definitely try to stick around for that.

Also going to try to stay at Magic Kingdom until the very end one night and see the "Kiss."

Thanks for info.