PDA

View Full Version : Wet and Wild

thejens
08-22-2015, 08:39 PM
We are doing a non-disney trip this year, staying at Universal hotel because it is relatively last minute and it is so much easier. We are doing a Flex Pass which includes Wet and Wild. I LOVED Typhoon Lagoon and I am a little uncertain about this one, but trying to keep an open mind. My 17 year old will likely enjoy the more thrilling rides. Does anyone know how scary they are? I am kind of wimpy and my 11 year old is not as daring as his brother. I was hoping we could all go on the group rides where four people are in one raft, but they are marked as thrilling. Has anyone experienced these? Does anyone have any other suggestions or feedback on this park? Too bad the new Universal water park is not open yet!

epceddie
09-12-2015, 10:13 PM
I haven't been to Wet and Wild, but Typhoon Lagoon is always a blast. I don't think any of the rides there are "scary". The slide that drops straight down at Blizzard Beach is scary because of the height and the speed that you reach. That's the only water park ride I don't know if I'd do again. The family raft rides at TL are a lot of fun. I think water park slides are more thrilling than scary. If you want to go on a really cool ride, try Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom. It's a great ride to go on when it's hot, because you WILL get soaked. Hope you make the right decision for your family and have a great time! Hopefully someone else will come along with more info about Wet and Wild. You should also look into Aquatica at Sea World.

LaurieDan
09-15-2015, 02:38 PM
I have never been a fan of Wet'n Wild (i was there 4 times), BUT my 15-17 ear old nephews are in love with the park. They love The Brainwash, The Storm, The Black Hole, Bomb Bay and Aqua Drag Racer. I take them there every year when they come to visit. No matter which park you choose they both will enjoy their day.