PDA

View Full Version : Goggles or masks at resort pools/water parks?

TheVBs
08-22-2015, 01:16 PM
I know that I've asked this before, and that I should know the answer, but I've forgotten and can't seem to find the answer with the search option. Can kids wear goggles or masks at the resort pools or in the water parks? Thanks! :mickey:

BrerGnat
08-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Yes, but they cannot be worn on slides. They can be held or around the neck when going down slides.

Mickey'sGirl
08-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Yes, but they cannot be worn on slides. They can be held or around the neck when going down slides.

My son has never had to remove his goggles at any resort or slide.

BrerGnat
08-22-2015, 05:55 PM
My son has never had to remove his goggles at any resort or slide.

This was in response to the water parks. Slides at resorts that have an attendant on duty (Beach Club) will make kids remove goggles.

Mickey'sGirl
08-22-2015, 06:07 PM
This was in response to the water parks. Slides at resorts that have an attendant on duty (Beach Club) will make kids remove goggles.

Not in our experience. In over 150 days on site, he has never had to remove his goggles, and we've stayed everywhere including the Beach Club. We have not water parked in many years, so I cannot comment.

BrerGnat
08-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Well, our experience has been different. Believe me, my kids would rather keep their goggles on. They even had to take them off on the Family Raft ride at BB. They are very used to "wearing their goggles like a necklace" when we are at Disney. YMMV.

Melanie
08-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Jen is correct. We were just at Beach Club three weeks ago. My friend's daughter was indeed allowed to wear her goggles down the slide every time. She absolutely wouldn't go down without them. She also asked if she could wear a mask, and to that they did say no. But the kids could wear the goggles and masks in the pools.

They didn't go with us to the water park, and I didn't pay attention. Sorry!

baldburke
08-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Jen is correct. We were just at Beach Club three weeks ago. My friend's daughter was indeed allowed to wear her goggles down the slide every time. She absolutely wouldn't go down without them. She also asked if she could wear a mask, and to that they did say no. But the kids could wear the goggles and masks in the pools.

They didn't go with us to the water park, and I didn't pay attention. Sorry!

I'm surprised at this response. At our local pool we have a slide that is about 18' high and a diving board that sits about 4" to 5" off the ground and our lifeguard don't allow anyone to use goggles while on either. I think the theory is that the goggles could be a distraction if they were to come off or get tangled while entering the water. I'm surprised that Disney isn't more with it on this point.

Melanie
08-22-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm surprised at this response. At our local pool we have a slide that is about 18' high and a diving board that sits about 4" to 5" off the ground and our lifeguard don't allow anyone to use goggles while on either. I think the theory is that the goggles could be a distraction if they were to come off or get tangled while entering the water. I'm surprised that Disney isn't more with it on this point.

The theory certainly makes sense. Not arguing that at all. Just relaying our experience.

chefmickey3
08-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Our experience this summer was the boys were asked not to wear their masks in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. My eleven year old was asked after he got off the slide to not wear his mask on the slide. There was not a life guard at the top. We were at AKL and BLT. They were not asked to remove their goggles.

TheVBs
08-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Wow! Not the responses I expected. I was thinking they weren't allowed in any of the pools or water parks. We have them packed now! Thanks everyone!

#1donaldfan
08-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Yes. My kids nearly always wear them. Pools only tho, can't say about the slides or wave pool at the Lagoon :thumbsup:

Imalismom
09-01-2015, 06:45 AM
So, I think the correct answer is yes, you can wear either, but have your kids prepared that they may or may not be asked to take them off, depending on who is working the slides when they are using the slide area.

Harkleroad
09-06-2015, 10:17 PM
At Coronado the boys were asked to remove theirs when going down the slide. We were told they could have the goggles that went over their eyes, but not the mask that covers their noses. The guard said that the noise piece could be dangerous when they came off the slides. We were also told they could not use the snorkel attachment and that if make it difficult for the guards.