PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' Around the World

eandrsmom
08-16-2015, 08:33 AM
I just read that at D23 it was announced that the Soarin film would be updated. It looks like they are going to be filming various places through out the world, such as The Great Wall of China. I think this is a much needed update, but my DD says that she'll miss the smell of oranges.

Figment!
08-16-2015, 09:08 AM
From the Walt Disney World August 15, 2015 Press Release:

Soarin’ Around the World in Florida and California

Next year, guests at Epcot in Florida and Disney California Adventure in California will journey to far-flung lands and fly above some of the world’s most unique natural landscapes and man-made wonders when the new Soarin’ Around the World makes its U.S. debut.

WiltonJohn
08-16-2015, 09:30 AM
Hopefully they can find a day clear of the smog if they are flying over the Great Wall :thedolls:.

I'll be there to see it in person in October. I'll let you all know if I see a camera plane with mouse ears flying low over it :D.

best,

...............john

Tekneek
08-16-2015, 10:09 AM
It would be really awesome if you could go on different trips. Perhaps 3 entirely different options.

John
08-16-2015, 12:07 PM
It would be really awesome if you could go on different trips. Perhaps 3 entirely different options.

That was my hope - that they took the technology from Star Tours and applied it to Soarin - so you wouldn't get the same experience each time.

Tekneek
08-16-2015, 12:13 PM
That was my hope - that they took the technology from Star Tours and applied it to Soarin - so you wouldn't get the same experience each time.

That would be even better. Multiple segments from many nations and landmarks, and you get a mix of 7 or so on every journey. Complicated and expensive? Sure, but it would be amazing and really plus out an already popular attraction that could make it timeless. Then it could be updated on a regular basis by adding new segments into the rotation.

baldburke
08-16-2015, 12:18 PM
I'll be there to see it in person in October.

When's the opening?

BrerGnat
08-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Eh, don't see how this fits in DCA at all. That one should remain California.

Tekneek
08-16-2015, 12:48 PM

There must be some sort of accounting benefit to putting it in multiple places. I agree with you. I am really not in favor of copying things between parks simply because you can. The one in California fits the theme of the park and does not need to be tampered with. The one at Epcot has always been a kludge (no matter how great the attraction is), as evidenced by the obvious edit in the preshow.

BrerGnat
08-16-2015, 12:52 PM
There must be some sort of accounting benefit to putting it in multiple places. I agree with you. I am really not in favor of copying things between parks simply because you can. The one in California fits the theme of the park and does not need to be tampered with. The one at Epcot has always been a kludge (no matter how great the attraction is), as evidenced by the obvious edit in the preshow.

I thought they filmed a new ending for the CA film last year? I know DCA and DL had a flyover at like 5am to do this. What happened with that? I thought they were going to digitally remaster the original film and tack on the new ending.

Tekneek
08-16-2015, 12:55 PM
I thought they filmed a new ending for the CA film last year? I know DCA and DL had a flyover at like 5am to do this. What happened with that? I thought they were going to digitally remaster the original film and tack on the new ending.

Somebody probably sold the budget required for the new film as "And you can use the same one at both domestic attractions!" *APPROVED*

acetate
08-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Do they know which month next year it opens?

John
08-16-2015, 03:38 PM

Just a guess - the flight starts or ends or both at the park you are in - then goes around the world...

BrerGnat
08-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Just a guess - the flight starts or ends or both at the park you are in - then goes around the world...

Ah...that would make sense.

Figment!
08-16-2015, 05:17 PM
I'll be there to see it in person in October. I'll let you all know if I see a camera plane with mouse ears flying low over it :D.

Looks like you'll be too late:

The Making of Soarin’ Around the World (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hp2EmYAfxA&feature=youtu.be)

MNDisney Dad
08-16-2015, 07:59 PM
How about both films in both U.S. locations having one on one screen and the other on the second screen. Pick which you want just like Mission: Space intense or less intense experience?

Jeff
08-17-2015, 11:16 AM
I really enjoy Soarin and I'm not sure why! I guess because it's just relaxing and kind of cool. I am looking forward to the new film!:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
08-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Good guess... :)

They did the fly overs of WDW last year... So instead of flying over Disneyland, at night, during Christmas, you'll be flying over WDW at the one in Epcot... at least that's the talk...

Katzateer
08-18-2015, 08:57 AM
It would be fun to see different views of Disney parks all over the world.:mickey:

2Epcot
08-18-2015, 03:38 PM

That was my feeling when they put Soarin' over California in Florida, didn't seem to fit at all. I like the CA film in California. I would hope that maybe they will alternate them, but in the beginning, people will only want to see the new one.

cer
08-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Hopefully they can find a day clear of the smog if they are flying over the Great Wall :thedolls:.

best,

...............john

The Making of Soarin’ Around the World (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hp2EmYAfxA&feature=youtu.be)

Well, Figment, from the video link you posted, it definitely looked like it was a clear day!

I know everyone is discussing the content of the film - I must say I am going to miss the music from the current attraction. I feel like it is a very real possibility that we will get new music with the new film. It is an opportunity to love another score, but the current Soarin' music (in my opinion) is the best on property.

GoBlueLacheta
09-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Well, Figment, from the video link you posted, it definitely looked like it was a clear day!

I know everyone is discussing the content of the film - I must say I am going to miss the music from the current attraction. I feel like it is a very real possibility that we will get new music with the new film. It is an opportunity to love another score, but the current Soarin' music (in my opinion) is the best on property.

There is just something about the Space Mountain queue music to me, but I agree.

acetate
09-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Any word yet on what month the new Soaring will deput next year? Trying to plan our next visit around it. Thanks!

texas211
09-14-2015, 08:38 PM
It would be fun to see different views of Disney parks all over the world.:mickey:

Best idea yet.

WiltonJohn
09-15-2015, 03:48 PM

Oh well.

Wonder what they'll use for the "Smell-a-vision" for that segment?

best,

...............john

CaptSmee
09-22-2015, 01:37 PM

I wish they would do this to Mission Space as well

Tekneek
09-22-2015, 02:12 PM
I wish they would do this to Mission Space as well

Definitely. Mission: Space would be better if it offered a variety of missions. I like the technology, but the same scenario is not compelling enough to go on over and over for me. If I knew I could be going to other planets, asteroids, etc, I would go on it every time I was in the park.

acetate
10-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Nevermind. I found it. New Soarin supposed to open by May 1st according to WDW News Today.