PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Need to decide

gordonokc24
08-14-2015, 08:09 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
I have a SPA day planned for my first trip to WDW and now I am hearing really bad reviews about the SPA's at the Swan and Dolphin resort. I currently ave a massage book and plan on getting my hair cut and colored. Should I keep this or should I just forget doing this and fully experience WDW??? Anyone have any advice for me??? The total price I will be paying is over $400 and with all of the reviews I have read it is starting to seem like its not worth it?? Help for advice!!TIA:confused::confused:

faline
08-14-2015, 08:43 PM
It's a personal decision but I've never opted to spend Disney time at a spa. In my opnion, there are plenty of really excellent spas everywhere and I would be unlikely to go to one in Disney - that is not to say that I never considered a Disney spa experience. You're the only one who can determine if you will get value from the experiecnce regardless of the cost.

VWL Mom
08-14-2015, 09:05 PM
If you want to pamper yourself I would say go for the massage. As far as the cut and color, I agree with Faline, I wouldn't tie up my time with that.

BrerGnat
08-14-2015, 10:00 PM
I would never get a haircut/color on vacation. No way. I have my stylist at home and she knows me and takes care of me. A random hairdresser at a resort, frankly, won't care if you are satisfied with the results or not...they will probably never see you again. There's little incentive to do a great job.

The massages are kind of tricky. On the one hand, I love me a pampering massage. On the other hand, nothing about being at WDW is relaxing so it all melts away as soon as you leave the spa. I usually find that I need a massage the most AFTER I come back from vacation. Sitting for hours on the plane will do that!

I belong to Massage Envy. For $60/month, you get a 50 min massage. I tip $20 each time. My yearly massages cost $960. That is about three "vacation massages." I'm happier with my 12.

Pirate Granny
08-15-2015, 05:12 PM
My girls haven begun gifting me a trip to the GF Spa...love every minute of my 80 minute hot stone massage...I have one scheduled for just before the MNSSHP. And yes I did debate switching it to right before departure, for a whole relaxing trip home

Kairi_7378
08-15-2015, 07:22 PM
I would not get my hair cut and colored on vacation- especially on the first day of vacation. If things don't go well, you will have that haircut/ color preserved for posterity in all of your pictures.

Unless things have been super stressful at home, I would also reconsider the massage and consider a nice breakfast or some lounge time during another morning of your vacation. However, that is a matter of personal preference.

deedee73
08-17-2015, 01:33 AM
I have done the spa at Disney twice. My mother & I both enjoyed it but it was substantially different than my massage therapist at home who knows me. If I were to do it I usually schedule it for 2/3rd through my vacation so my tired feet & legs can get the most from the experience.

I totally agree with the above posts - I would never get a full cut & color while on vacation. That could be a very bad experience if something is not conveyed properly than you would have to see that mistake in all your vacation pics! Have your hair done at home & if you really need it then a trim but definitely nothing more. Spend your time in the park & when your legs & feet are moaning & groaning take time for some pampering. Enjoy

SurferStitch
08-17-2015, 12:05 PM
DH and I love the spas at WDW, and have each book two treatments for our next visit in December. We like to truly relax during a WDW vacation, and a spa visit is one of the best ways to do that!!

We are going to Senses at Saratoga Springs this time (we have always gone to the GF spa and have always had amazing experiences there). I have read a pretty even mix of good and bad reviews for the Mandara Spa at the Swan/Dolphin. That's why we stuck with the Senses spas.

I definitely wouldn't get my hair cut/colored by a person on vacation. I have been going to my gal for about 18 years now, and she knows my hair. I would never trust a new person, especially on vacation. If you hate it, imagine what that'll do to your vacation!

deedee73
08-17-2015, 12:36 PM
As an addition to my post all of our experiences were at the Saratoga Springs Senses.

NJGIRL
08-18-2015, 10:32 AM
$400 before tipping????...I would say cancel it