PDA

View Full Version : State of the Poly?

ThanxForNoticin
08-13-2015, 01:24 PM
We are looking to make a reservation at the Poly next spring. We are a bit nervous with all the work that's been going on. Can anyone help us out? Is the construction winding down? Is it still a mess? Are the pools open and clear of construction? Any info is greatly appreciated. Ideally, we'd like to stay in a DVC studio for 3-5 nights in mid-March.

Thanks!

DisneyGiant
08-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Pools were open this past July. Construction areas weren't too horrible - from my vantage point (I was only there to tour the new bungalows). But I would think if you were given a room in the wing where the construction was going on - it wouldn't be that pleasant (at this time).

Maybe it will be all done by next Spring?

KarenP
08-13-2015, 04:37 PM
The construction is winding down. I would not hesitate to stay there next spring!

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2015, 07:26 PM
OP, if you Facebook, do a search for Tikiman's unofficial Polynesian pages. He does almost daily updates on the construction, including lots of photos from guests there at the moment. Should give you a good idea of where they are construction wise and what to expect in the coming months.

ThanxForNoticin
08-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Excellent. Thank you all. Good to hear things are improving.

#1donaldfan
08-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Pools were open this past July. Construction areas weren't too horrible - from my vantage point (I was only there to tour the new bungalows). But I would think if you were given a room in the wing where the construction was going on - it wouldn't be that pleasant (at this time).

Maybe it will be all done by next Spring?

Hey, we were there on that tour as well. The partial Luau then the tour !! Very nice......to answer the question tho ... from what I could tell the construction is winding down.:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Just a heads up regarding the pools. The main pool is complete, but the quiet pool has been completely torn out it looks like. Not sure when construction on the pool replacing it is expected to be complete.