PDA

View Full Version : How hard to call and get reservations.....

johnw
08-11-2015, 04:03 AM
:mickey: Hello: Quick question: I hear horror stories of people calling in to try to get a reservatons like for Cinderella's Royle Table (Right on the 180 day mark before their trip) and having to wait and wait and wait and still not get through. Is this correct? We have planned to go Sept 2016 so I know its a long way off but this might be the only time we go and I wanted have the best vacation for my daughter. She will be 8 when we go. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

- THanks. John

CleveSJM
08-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Are you staying on-site? How long is your trip?

If you are on-site you do get an advantage on the 180 day mark. Not for the first day of your reservation, but for the following days. I'm not sure the exact time, but around 7 or 8 am, on the 180 day of your first day, you can start to book the future days of your reservation, so like 181, 182, etc days out.

That's why it's so hard to get reservations and they are gone so early on the 180 day. People staying on-site can "book ahead" of the 180, after they hit their first day. Hope that makes sense...

So, if you plan your Cinderella's Royal Table meal on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th... day, you'll have a better chance.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2015, 09:37 AM
I would book them online if you can. The online system "opens" at 6am, and the phones don't open until 7am, so you have a "head start" on those calling in.

CRT is still popular, but not quite as bad as the horrible days of the past, when getting a CRT reservation was like winning the lottery. BOG opening is the new popular thing, taking a bit of the pressure off CRT.

I've found that if you book right at your 180-day mark, especially if you're staying onsite and can book for your whole trip, you will be able to get what you want without too much trouble.

Enjoy planning your trip!

johnw
08-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Hello: thanks for the replies.yes... We are staying on site for the whole week in Sept. 2016. Thanks.john

pego79
08-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Make sure you have a secondary date in mind when you're booking. When I logged in at 5am (central time), I tried the first date I had in mind for Be Our Guest and when nothing was available for that date, I checked my secondary choice and got a dinner reservation! I made a daily itinerary months in advance, so that definitely helps too! Good luck! :mickey: