PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party seating question

bmj721
08-10-2015, 03:40 PM
We are celebrating our 30th anniversary in February and have never experienced the Wishes dessert party. So, are there actual chairs to sit on during the party and the fireworks? Have read conflicting information.

Strmchsr
08-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Yes, there are chairs and tables. You have an assigned table to sit at. The conflicting part is that many people get up when the fireworks actually start and stand at the rail. Depending on where your table is this may mean you can't see the fireworks because of folks standing in front of you and you'll need to go stand at the rail, too, which is a free-for-all. But during the dessert part everyone is seated at their table. Basically the "party" is a dessert buffet. So you arrive and eat as much as you want. I don't recommend having a big meal beforehand because the desserts are usually excellent.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-10-2015, 05:50 PM
We've been lucky, and had "front row" seats each time, so we were able to stay sitting at the table and see the fireworks, but many people do go up to the railing to watch.

It is WAY better than standing and waiting in the crowd, and the desserts are quite good.

bmj721
08-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Thank you. I appreciate the information. We're booked for February.

SueQ
08-24-2015, 02:37 PM
What are the types of desserts that they serve??

faberj
08-24-2015, 06:48 PM
they have all sorts of varieties...
chocolate covered strawberries, ice cream, cookies, rice crispy treats, creme brule, different types of moose, trifles, key lime pie tart, etc. All it small a few bite size so you have room to try several!
We have been several times and are booked for Sept too! :mickey:

DebK
08-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Yes, there are chairs and tables. You have an assigned table to sit at. The conflicting part is that many people get up when the fireworks actually start and stand at the rail. Depending on where your table is this may mean you can't see the fireworks because of folks standing in front of you and you'll need to go stand at the rail, too, which is a free-for-all. But during the dessert part everyone is seated at their table. Basically the "party" is a dessert buffet. So you arrive and eat as much as you want. I don't recommend having a big meal beforehand because the desserts are usually excellent.

This was my experience as well, what Chris said. Be prepared!