PDA

View Full Version : Pins?

akaDisneyDreamer
08-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Do they still email random pin numbers to save on booking your vacations? I got one a few years ago to save 40% and I sure would like to see that happen again!

WDW&MK
08-09-2015, 07:32 PM
I have never gotten a PIN by email, but I do get them from time to time by US mail as a postcard or mailer.

joonyer
08-09-2015, 08:35 PM
We have gotten special offers with PIN#s by both email and snail mail.
But I haven't seen any offers for 40% off in a long time. The biggest discount I have been offered in the past few years has been 30% on deluxes.

kpen625
08-09-2015, 10:05 PM
The last time we ordered the vacation planning video, we got a postcard in the mail a month or so after and I think it was for 30% off a room.

faline
08-10-2015, 08:57 AM
I've gotten e-mails recently with discount offers but I don't believe the offers are anything that differs from what is being offered to the general public at the time.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-10-2015, 04:08 PM
I used to get them quite frequently, 2013 and prior, but of late, not so much. I still get many Disney offers via mail and email, but I think they are just general public offers, no pin codes attached to them. They seem to have dried up for me.

The best offers I saw thru a pin code were generally free dining or room discounts that ranged to as high as 30 or 35% for certain deluxe accommodations or deluxe villas.

akaDisneyDreamer
08-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Well, I could be mistaken about the percentage, it very well could have been 30-35%. I do remember asking my agent though if she could apply that pin since I was already booked with a deal that offered a gift card which was, I think, worth $350. This is why I book with Magical Journey's. She applied that pin immediately and saved me nearly $1200.00! Yep, I lost the gift card, but it was worth it. I sure would like another one of those pins! :mickey:

Wall-e
08-13-2015, 03:14 PM
I just got a pin in the mail yesterday for 30% off a room, so they are still sending them out. This is the first time I have gotten one!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Well, I could be mistaken about the percentage, it very well could have been 30-35%. I do remember asking my agent though if she could apply that pin since I was already booked with a deal that offered a gift card which was, I think, worth $350. This is why I book with Magical Journey's. She applied that pin immediately and saved me nearly $1200.00! Yep, I lost the gift card, but it was worth it. I sure would like another one of those pins! :mickey:

While I've never been an AP holder, I've heard that in past years that a 40% discount was not unheard of. But of late it seems 20-35% is the range, and it can be very specific even within the same tier of resort levels or by date range. I haven't seen or heard of 40% in a long while.

allgiggles
08-19-2015, 04:04 PM
I get actual PIN codes (also referred to as Unique Offer Codes now) about once or twice a year. I get the General Public discount codes disguised to *look* like PIN/UOC codes every few weeks. The true PIN/UOC codes will be a 15-digit number. The general offer codes are usually a 4 or 5 digit alpha-numeric code.

I got a room-only PIN last October for 25% off at Values, 30% off at Moderates, and 35% off at Deluxe resorts for Spring 2015 (I think the dates were mid-March through May 31). It was a slightly better discount than what was available to the General Public at the time and didn't have as many restrictions (resorts, dates, etc.). We weren't able to use this PIN as our travel dates were in mid-June. In March 2015 I got a summer PIN code for 15-35% off at resorts and free park hopper option on packages of 5 days or more. The discount rate was the same as the General Public offer but the free park hopper option was offered to the General Public. The PIN also covered more dates and the only resort exclusions were 3-bedroom villas and campsites whereas the GP offering excluded several resorts.