PDA

View Full Version : Mears: car vs. shared shuttle

Paiges
08-08-2015, 12:11 PM
We are taking a day to explore Universal, and our plan was to get a Mears car to get us there and back. But when I called they also told us about the shared shuttle. I feel like the shuttle offers more flexibility as far as pick up times, but does it take hours to get to and from after all the stops they make? Thoughts and advice? Thank you!:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
08-08-2015, 03:12 PM
I personally like as much flexibility as I can get. I would probably not opt for a shared shuttle. I would either rent a car for the day from one of the companies onsite WDW, use taxis, or use Uber.

Pally
08-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I have used Mears to get to Universal. The shuttle is actually a full size bus. It stopped at a few places, Sea World, Aquatica etc. The ride was not too long at all even with the stops.

The only part that was hard was deciding on what time to leave park. We had decided on a late pickup. We were dead tired at the end. It was during HHN. There was a lot of walking that night after spending all day in the park. We probably would have chosen to leave an hour earlier than anticipated.

Over all we were very pleased with the service.:mickey: