PDA

View Full Version : Watching Fireworks from the Poly

4disneynuts
08-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Can anyone tell me if it is frowned upon for people to sit on the beach at Polynesian and watch the fireworks if you are not a guest there? Thank you!

faline
08-06-2015, 07:40 PM
There may be certain times of the year when the beach is restricted to guests only (such as July 4th) but, typically, anyone can go to the beach area to see the fireworks. We've often watched fireworks from this location though have not always been Poly guests when we've done so. That said, I've not tried to watch them from here since the buil the new Poly bungalows but suspect that these new structures may limit or interfere with the view.

kpen625
08-06-2015, 08:40 PM
It is one of my very favorite things to do!! I have stayed there a few times, but always make it a point to go back whenever I visit even if I do not stay at Poly!! Also be sure to catch the Electrical Water Pageant!

Have a great trip!!

brownie
08-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Sending this to the Accommodations forum.

baldburke
08-10-2015, 01:09 PM
It is indeed one of the best places to view Fireworks in all of WDW. Even better may be the Concierge Lounge in the Hawaii building with A/C, snacks, drinks and the music piped in. But it's also the curse of the Poly. Not to be rude, but you have people paying a lot of money to stay at the Poly and there are a number of guests who come specifically to take advantage of the view. Can anyone else think of any other WDW resort where outside guests linger as long?