PDA

View Full Version : Payment for trip Magical Journeys/Travel Agency

johnw
08-06-2015, 05:29 AM
Hello: Still in the planning stages but getting things narrowed down. We have decided were going in September 2016. Question I have is how does the payment side of things work? Meaning does after magical journeys give you a quote is the total balance requested at that time before the reservations are made? Are you able to make payments? Do they request a certain amount for deposit? Thanks. John

wilcat
08-06-2015, 06:56 AM
I made our ressies thru Karen at MJ and it was very simple. She made the $200 down payment right away and then we just emailed her everytime we wanted her to make another payment. You just tell them how much and they will process it through. Very simple and painless experience. I think the final payment has to be in 45 days before your trip. Being able to email to make a payment when we wanted was the way to go for us. When we had extra cash we just had her put it to the trip and it was paid off before we knew it.

Itchy
08-06-2015, 08:45 AM
As wilcat stated it is pretty straight forward. When you make your reservation they ask for $200, and they do require final payment at 45 days out from your vacation just as if you went through the Disney site.

You will give the Magical Journey's agent your credit car number and info via secure communication and they will hold that card on file, ( credit or debit ) and use that for future payments when you authorize them.

I have been using them for years and never a problem. I know you will be very happy with their service.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Fangorn
08-06-2015, 09:24 AM
When you make your reservation they ask for $200, and they do require final payment at 45 days out from your vacation just as if you went through the Disney site.

This is true for packages.

If you have a room only reservation, the deposit is one night's room and tax. Final payment is due at check-in. You can still make payments at any time.

Steve

mydisneygirls
08-06-2015, 10:42 AM
If you choose to make it through the Disney website directly, it is exactly the same. You make the $200 down payment and after that you can make a payment any time you choose. Full payment is due 45 days prior and Disney will send you a reminder email. I have always made reservations directly through Disney and have had no problem.

KylesMom
08-06-2015, 11:11 AM
I truly can't imagine booking a Disney vacation without MJs help!

As a general comment, the charges incurred on your credit card will be to Disney, not MJ. And they will continue to look for better deals throughout the year to ensure your vacation deal is the best out there.

CanadianWDWFan
08-06-2015, 04:13 PM
If you choose to make it through the Disney website directly, it is exactly the same. You make the $200 down payment and after that you can make a payment any time you choose. Full payment is due 45 days prior and Disney will send you a reminder email. I have always made reservations directly through Disney and have had no problem.
While it is "exactly" the same, Disney won't tell you when a new discount is available. MJ will watch for them and will have them applied for you before you even realize there is a discount available.

Tink1
08-06-2015, 04:56 PM
The numbers everyone gave were correct. We follow Disney's rules and do not add any of our own.

Package deposits are $200. Final balance due 45 days prior in 2015; 30 days prior in 2016. If you want travel insurance that is now added to the deposit and is non-refundable after 14 days.

Room only is a one night stay with tax, balance on arrival though you can prepay.

And yes, we get our pricing direct from Disney so it will be the same.

The difference lies in working with one specific agent that solely has YOUR needs, wants and wishes in mind. We apply discounts as they are released. Plus our sponsorship is what helps to keep the INTERCOT lights on and the bandwidth flowing.

I am a big advocate for supporting small business whenever possible, especially if it is at no cost to me.

Nanci