PDA

View Full Version : lower rate?

lilogirl31
08-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi.
I haven't been to WDW in a while...it used to be if you checked in on a day the rate was cheaper you got that rate for the entire stay. Is that still the case?

Thanks in advance:mickey:

Trying to plan the first trip for my daughter who's 4

Strmchsr
08-05-2015, 05:46 PM
I know WDW switched to a day-by-day rate system a couple of years ago. I'm not really 100% sure about keeping promotions from the day you check-in. With package discounts like "free" dining you keep it but I'm not sure about other discounts.

Davy Crockett
08-06-2015, 09:01 AM
You definitely do not get the rate the day you check in for your entire stay. It is a day to day tiered system based on what time of year you want to travel and even with promotions like 25% or 30% off room rates that discount is based on that particular days rate. Weekends (Friday & Saturdays) are higher than Sunday - Thursday, Holidays are even higher rates than weekends, etc,. Best way to see this is by going to the Disney site and pull up any of the room discount promotions and selecting a resort and then an available room. You can view "detail" on that room tab and it will show a daily room rate for the number of days you've selected for your visit as well as an average daily rate for your stay.

Like Strmchsr stated the only time flat rate discount would be for a free dining plan.

Hope this helps!