PDA

View Full Version : Official Disneyland App now available for iOS and Android!

BrerGnat
08-05-2015, 11:30 AM
It's about time! The new app is available for download now.

baldburke
08-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Different than MDE? It's a shame they couldn't make it all inclusive

BrerGnat
08-05-2015, 12:45 PM
It is similar to MDE but still has some kinks to work out. I am not able to sign in using my Disney login. The sign in button is greyed out. It launched yesterday so I expect it will be some time before it works well.

Also there is still no WiFi in the Disneyland parks which might be an issue for some.

However it is supposed to let you link AP and use the app for entry to the parks in lieu of the actual AP card which is cool. Also, can purchase tickets on the app and use the barcode for entry as well. So that is a cool feature.

tinkwest
08-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Downloaded and ready to be checked out later this afternoon!

tinkwest
08-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I was able to sign in this afternoon. It does have my passholder barcode but there is also a notation reminding you to bring your pass for Fastpasses, discounts, and more (whatever more may be).

I tested to see if I would be signed out automatically by closing the app. It appears that you stay signed in unless you manually request to be signed out.

NewDVCowner
08-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Do you think this app is a precursor to them starting FP+ in California?

BrerGnat
08-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Do you think this app is a precursor to them starting FP+ in California?

Probably. Already you can purchase ticket media online with your phone and simply show the bar code for entry. I imagine the next step will be introducing FP+. What I wonder is how people who buy their tickets via the mobile site use FP now? My sister went two weeks ago with us and she did the mobile ticket thing, and used it for park entry. We didn't FP any rides though so I never found out how she would have gotten FP since she didn't have a paper ticket.