PDA

View Full Version : Pizzafari Refurb coming

Strmchsr
08-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Pizzafari will be closed for refurb August 24-October 19 to prepare the building for the full table service restaurant coming later this year.

Martino
08-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Gutted!

Never been there before and we were looking forward to trying it this trip (7-21 Sept) for a counter service meal.

Any other ideas for counter service at AK? We have an ADR at Tuskers booked for a different day, but looking for counter service options too.

BrerGnat
08-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Gutted!

Never been there before and we were looking forward to trying it this trip (7-21 Sept) for a counter service meal.

Any other ideas for counter service at AK? We have an ADR at Tuskers booked for a different day, but looking for counter service options too.

Flame Tree BBQ is my favorite CS at AKL. Maybe my favorite CS at WDW...

DNS
08-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Full service? I did not know about this. What type of food?

Strmchsr
08-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Flame Tree BBQ is my favorite CS at AKL. Maybe my favorite CS at WDW...

:ditto:

They really haven't revealed many details about it beyond the TS restaurant is coming. The most consistent rumor is it'll be like BOG with CS at lunch and TS in the evening, getting ready for DAK to be open more in the evenings when the new sections open. But, again, there's been no official release on what, exactly, the TS will be.

Sylvia
08-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Pizzafari will be closed for refurb August 24-October 19 to prepare the building for the full table service restaurant coming later this year.

First, no longer available for breakfast and now this.:confused:

Pizzafari has always been one of our favorites and a regular stop on every visit. We have some special memories of many times here.

We're disappointed that we won't be able to visit Pizzafari in 3 weeks and sincerely hope the colorful room layouts will be retained.

Figment!
08-29-2015, 05:52 PM

As Chris mentioned, the cuisine hasn't been announced.

The project was first announced back in Late 2014 with the Flame Tree refurbishment (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=207474).

PlutoPlanet
09-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Flame Tree always works for us at AK.

Hammer
09-09-2015, 01:57 PM
We went to the new Harambe Market this past weekend, which was fantastic! We got ribs and the beef gyro flatbread there, both of which were delicious :tasty: !

Strmchsr
09-10-2015, 08:38 PM
We went to the new Harambe Market this past weekend, which was fantastic! We got ribs and the beef gyro flatbread there, both of which were delicious :tasty: !

Agreed. Tried that out for lunch today and thought they had a great new selection. Huge walls in front of Pizzafari means they're doing a little more than just a new coat of paint, though.